Derricks new boat

Link

Reaction score
is showcased by Bennington on their FB page today

Well so it is! I didn't even know. Pretty funny that I hear it from Mark, as opposed to my wife who commented on it this morning!  Haha thanks for keeping me in the loop!!

It's a beauty!

John

I like Smitty's post on there! Great shot for sure!

Beautiful Picture....Beautiful Boat.....and now it's 35 degrees below zero where you are?  

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, good c_old Canada!! They figure -43C with the windchill tomorrow morning! 

So you'll be in shorts right?

On the FB page Bennington asks:

Bennington Pontoon Boats: Mind if we use that beauty for a profile picture/cover photo in the future Derrick?

Derrick, 

I just saw the identical picture of your boat on the PTM Edge Facebook page as well, advertising the PTM Edge Mirror you bought.  I bought a mirror just like it after I saw it on your boat a month or so ago.  I think its great. 

David

Wow.  Derrick's boat is famous!!!

But don't worry fellow forum readers.  If you can't seem to get your hands on one of the highly collectable boats that were previously owned by Derrick, you only have to wait a couple years.  Boats previously owned by Derrick will soon litter the Great White North, and there will be many opportunities for you to find one.  And they won't cost much more than a new one.

:)

I heard that Bennington is going to start putting plaques on his builds so when they are rolled up to the Barrett Jackson auction you know your getting the real deal.

Haha, sometimes you guys amaze even me how you come up with this stuff!! I also had no idea it was on PTM's page either! Sheesh, should have copyrighted it and made a couple bucks Haha jk.

Derrick,

Since you were surprised that PTM used your photograph for their marketing, it made me wonder...

Did PTM Edge fail to get your permission to use that photograph in their marketing?

Or, was your permission to use your photograph implicit when you sent them the photograph?

Or, did you not send them the photograph and they cut and pasted the photograph from the TB FB website?

David

I'm guessing...strictly guessing but, you post it on here it is Bennington's. Bennington could have gave PTM permission. And who knows with facebook...

Our boat is on their website too! Cool!    B)

Derrick,

Since you were surprised that PTM used your photograph for their marketing, it made me wonder...

Did PTM Edge fail to get your permission to use that photograph in their marketing?

Or, was your permission to use your photograph implicit when you sent them the photograph?

Or, did you not send them the photograph and they cut and pasted the photograph from the TB FB website?

David
Nope, never gave anyone permission, well, until just the other day when Bennington asked. I never knew about the PTM thing until you guys told me! Haha, is it on their main website too or just the Facebook page? I sent them, or rather, shared a different image of the mirror showing the reflection of a my friends on the tube in the background. Why?

Same here Carl but they didn't put our name on the 2 pictures..............

I'm guessing unless watermarked/copyrighted, if it's posted out on public domain, it's free game. Not positive, but I thought I've read that in some of the photography forums I peruse. Now if used in an advertisement or catalog, that may be different.

In the big grand scheme of things, I really don't care. I am happy everyone seems to like it haha. I know I do. Bennington is more than welcome to use it however they like, I mean it was nice to be asked or mentioned, but I posted it on their board, plus if I can give back a little for all they do, why not!! As for PTM, well, I really don't care, but it would have been nice to ask, maybe send me one of those fancy mirror sleeves to protect it. Ultimately it is on the Web so they can probably do what they like. Now if they used it on their website or ad, then I would think a permission request would be nice, but whatever. It's just a pic. Besides, it shows off how awesome Bennington looks compared to the competition!! Haha

Back