Domed Letters

I have posted pics of my Domed letters in the gallery under "Bigtops Boat" album. They are the Chrome on a Reggata Blue RLI.

I could never figure how to add them to this post. Each time I tried, it failed due to the file being to large. I fanally gave up.

Bigtop, when a picture file is too large if you resize the picture to a smaller size you will be able to upload it and generally when someone views it they will still see it as a full size picture [unless you shrink it too much]

There are many freeware products to do so, just google picture editing. If you are running windows 7 - Windows Live Photo Gallery is a free download. ACDSee Pro 5 is a decent product and like most of them it has a free trial version. Most are very inexpensive, expieriment with the trial versions and see what suits you; some are very technical but give you suberb results and some will do a decent job doing and do all the work all the work for by clicking a single button for autoenhance similar to what you see on the iphone.

Thanks Link. I'll try that next time. I did not even think of windows picture editing. I have that on my pc but have never shrunk a picture. I have only used it to build albums, take out redeye, and some other minor stuff

Thanks again

I just got my letters in the mail yesterday. It took about a 5 days and all is good. Pretty much what I was expecting. I get my Benny out of storage on memorial weekend and then the fun starts. I just could not put anything less on my Benny.

Here are some Before and After shots.

DSC01713.jpg

After

DSC01746.jpg

DSC01743.jpg

Definitely like! The ones on your boat are a huge upgrade from what was there, but I see what you mean, I definitely like the idea of that other sites you linked. The two tone is pretty slick. Man it sure is tough to find a font to match the Bennington though.

I have the charcoal panels. Instead of trying to match the taupe light bronze logo I think I'm going to match all the aluminum trim struts etc. Do you think that would be silver?

I have my order in on an approval basis.

I ordered mine last night, just went with chrome, I also am hoping to someday find ones that match the Bennington lettering/raised chrome style

Will get pics tomrrow of mine Smoky. I tried chrome and also white w/ chrome shadow. (Couldn't make up my mind). Gerry

white with chrome shadow copy1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Andrew has been very helpful. He is sending a few samples for inspection.

He says they have a brushed silver that is a little more subdued than chrome. I suspect that might be the ticket.

I have the letters too. Thanks for the link. They look great!

3" lettering can also be ordered in chrome vinyl, outlined in black at many sign shops and online for around $25. The font on the above letters looks like Times New Roman.

I put Arial Bold 3" lettering on my Waverunner in a chrome cross hatch vinyl pattern outlined in black, and they look great.

Will get pics tomrrow of mine Smoky. I tried chrome and also white w/ chrome shadow. (Couldn't make up my mind). Gerry
So each side of the boat has a different color of lettering?

We used the domed letters in chrome on a Winebeery boat and they look great.

So each side of the boat has a different color of lettering?

We used the domed letters in chrome on a Winebeery boat and they look great.
Actually I ordered a set of each and couldn't make up my mind, soooo, I put one on each side and after seeing it in the light and from a distance, settled on the single chrome letters. We do like the chrome shadowed white but felt the single color raised chrome letters matched the chrome Bennington lettering better. Gerry

My dealer placed simple White block letters on mine and I have to admit it doesn't look bad especially the bright white on the Merlot color fence. I had planned on ordering the domed ones but think I might stay with these

Back