Early Birthday present/ order cancelled/update

Paradise bound

Reaction score
Decided to pull the trigger on a new build after searching all over the west to find a dealer that had what we wanted with no luck. 

We are ordering a RSB2375 with a Mercury 300 with all the goodies in the Smokey granite with Metallic White accent with the glacier white upgraded upholstery and carbon accent, elevated helm, double Bimini, recliner upgrade,Simrad Gps G05, seagrass flooring ,etc.etc..

But I have a few questions,

Does anybody have the heavy thread top stitch ? do you like it ? is it worth the upgrade? 

What prop are you running with the 300 ? what speed can I expect ?

Looking forward to getting her and spending many summers on the water .

Well after waiting over a month and still not receiving any confirmation from the dealer that Bennington had confirmed the order. I made the decision to cancel the order with my local dealer,

it was a difficult decision .

However in the end this has worked out for the better .

I eventually started some talks with another dealer and had them price out the build, I literally feel out of the chair when they came back with the price, beating my local dealer by huge amount after expenses traveling and all the misc. by well over 15K . and almost 28% off of MSRP.  I reexamined the build and added the Heavy top stitch and the VesselView 702 .

I gave the go ahead and received a confirmation within 72 hours . its been two weeks and the dealer has kept me very well informed. I'm hoping to take possession around the beginning of August with fingers crossed.

The Best part is it will be built as a 2018!!!

Now the suspenseful wait!! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome aboard!! Sounds like it's gonna be a beauty!!

Congratulations on your purchase!! Pics are a must! Don't have an R so can't help on the stitching but for the prop I'd start on Mercurys site. They have an awesome site and will get you right where you need to be plus give an idea for MPH. 

Name fits perfectly.  Can't help with question about stitching, perhaps one of the guys with large engines can give you an answer concerning the speed but my guess would be close to 50 

Welcome Paradise Bound! It sounds like a beauty of a build, particularly with that 300 hanging off the end. I've got a 2575 GCW with a 250 Verado that will push us around at speeds approaching 40 mph, so I'd have to guess that Link is pretty close with his 50 mph suggestion.

Welcome Paradise Bound! It sounds like a beauty of a build, particularly with that 300 hanging off the end. I've got a 2575 GCW with a 250 Verado that will push us around at speeds approaching 40 mph, so I'd have to guess that Link is pretty close with his 50 mph suggestion.

I am expecting between 47 and 50 with my R23 RCW F300 Yamaha. My brother has a 23 GCW Sport tower and he has hit 50mph.

Mine was almost a birthday present I picked it up April 1 and birthday was April 8. 

Decided to pull the trigger on a new build after searching all over the west to find a dealer that had what we wanted with no luck. 

We are ordering a RSB2375 with a Mercury 300 with all the goodies in the Smokey granite with Metallic White accent with the glacier white upgraded upholstery and carbon accent, elevated helm, double Bimini, recliner upgrade,Simrad Gps G05, seagrass flooring ,etc.etc..

But I have a few questions,

Does anybody have the heavy thread top stitch ? do you like it ? is it worth the upgrade? 

What prop are you running with the 300 ? what speed can I expect ?

Looking forward to getting her and spending many summers on the water .

We happen to be very fond of your color choice. We test drove a 23R with the 300 Mercury, I'm not sure what the prop was but it hit 47-48 easily and was very fun to drive. We decided to go with a 25ft so we bumped up to the 350 Mercury and can't wait to try it out tomorrow. 

Paradise,

Congrats.  I ordered an R series with the same color interior as yours.  I added the heavy duty top stitch at the last minute when I was down at the dealer.  I got it at a pretty heavy discount off of MSRP, so I said, what the h%^&&.  I will most likely not get mine until late May so I can't be much help on what it looks like other than the pics online.

wow-black.png

img_Rvoy4YVkGjj0tuF.jpg

Anything like this would be amazing 

240_F_90046622_ndUsvkHoQF56Jjs1zwqSCNJIqQ0eV7g8.jpg

Congrats! When do you expect to take delivery?

I see a great summer with many hours on the water in your future!  Congratulations on your new Bennington.

Well, that is the big question , I put my deposit with the dealership almost a month ago and still haven't received a confirmation yet . 

Yes, it is a little frustrating but thats what  I get for waiting until boating season started , whats frustrating is I already sold the other boat , and The wood boat is having the  bottom  Replaced 

So I got more troubling news, its been over a month since I put my deposit down and still haven't received a build confirmation. I thought I had negotiated a great price on the "R" But  since I went ahead and changed to the 350 and added the vesselview702 the dealer is charging me full retail difference on the upgrades. I'm really frustrated with my dealer and considering changing dealers and starting the whole process over .  also when I told the dealer I wasn't registering the boat in Cali. they told me I would have to provide a utility bill in my name proving I have a residence in another state. I have discussed this with many people and no one has ever heard of this . its definitely a new one on me . really not happy with the dealer . it started offreal good and now my gut is telling me to run .

That sucks. I don't get the charging full retail for upgrades. That is crazy. If you're not opposed to buying a distance form home there are some good dealers in the mid west.

Back