Electric Anchor suggestions

Hawks1

Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestions on a GOOD reliable electric anchor, I have A 20 SLMX, & run mostly on lakes.

MinnKota Deckhand 40 with remote.

I got it, I love it !!!!!

We just bought our Benny and are awaiting its arrival... due to our age and physical condition we researched and bought the Qick PTR 350 Pontoon windlass with stainless steel bow roller and comes with 100 feet of rope and 18 pound anchor. Not cheep but the only one you can mount under the deck! Bought from Hodges Marine. Optional console switch available too. Can't review as we don't have our Benny yet! This week hopefully!!!!!!

I like that,here is a video .

Pretty cool !!!!

How much for the under deck anchor if you don't mind me asking?

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone have the Trac35 that's what my Marinas suggesting, said that it has metal gears (don't quite know what the advantage is? )

The Tracs used to have plastic gears, about 5 years ago, and they were garbage. They have since been upgraded and are a pretty good unit, especially at the price point they are at. Just as good as teh Powerwinch is is at least 2 times as much.

Every time this topic comes up I have visions of me screaming down the lake in my boat at 40 mph and some pin breaks or some nut comes off a bolt and my anchor goes aweigh all by itself and rips my boat in half down the middle as it nosedives like a pelican to the bottom of the lake.  That's just me though. 

And then Padre mentions someone uses plastic gears???

Question.........

Would it work to fabricate a mounting bracket and use something like the Trac 45 with remote and mount it under the deck as opposed to mounting it on the deck?

Roy

It might get really wet and not work.

I have the trac 35 with remote on its way here I also have the 20 I am inclined to mount it on the port side stern there is so much room there.

Be careful anchoring from the stern. I don't know what kind of water you boat in, but you don't want to take a wave over the stern.

Carl,

I thought waves over stern are only a real issue with "transom" boats .... as it fills the stern, lowers it, another wave, repeat, and can sink them quickly ...... I don't think it would be a real issue with a toon ??

Not for sinking, just drenching the motor and the air intake is at the top. It's harder for the toon to roll over the waves from the stern.

Oh, yeah, ok that makes sense ...... Didn't think of that .... Good point

I'm mounting Minn Kota deckhand w/remote on my RCW 2375 Carl makes good point, its sound advise to always anchor facing into the waves,

Last edited by a moderator:
All last summer I used the Trac 45 with wireless remote.  Have it mounted in the rear.  I never experienced any problems with waves, but I did experience problems holding a spot.  I am putting an additional Trac 45 on the bow, actually, under the bow, this spring.

Back