Ethanol VS Non-Ethanol Fuels and Sta-bil Marine 360

I guess that's why you have the 20.

One thing I will say though about PA having the highest tax in the country , everywhere you look roads and bridges are being repaired, our infrastructure was crumbling now it is a new day 

5C942388F8AE17D3B15E24B459840B54.jpg

I guess that's why you have the 20.

You got that right. I can't imagine some of you guys (and gals) fuel bills in a season. We run ours 100+ hours a season and maybe spend $300-$350 in boat fuel for the season. 

Because we in Pa. have the HIGHEST fuel tax in the nation and that's at the state level. Throw in any city, borough, municipality tax on top and it's a big hit to the wallet. Hard to believe we surpass Ca. in fuel tax. 

Diesel is the same as Regular here @ $2.59 .We are 5th highest in Michigan 

You got that right. I can't imagine some of you guys (and gals) fuel bills in a season. We run ours 100+ hours a season and maybe spend $300-$350 in boat fuel for the season. 

That's a month ! But, our boat is on the move all week end. Day and night,especially night. Boy do I miss the boat right now.

Marine gas is supposed to be exempt from some tax in some states. However filling out the forms just are not worth it in many cases. Some states have taxes on gas related to maintaining roads, this doesn't apply to boats but you have to keep records and go thru a big hassle to get any money back.

When we work in PA we always fill up in OH before we enter.  And why can I not buy beer at a C-store.  Politics?

When we work in PA we always fill up in OH before we enter.  And why can I not buy beer at a C-store.  Politics?

Yes, old law. It's really changing now though. I read it was a law that beer could not be sold within a certain distance from fuel pumps and had to have separate entrance/register for beer sales. No convenience store was willing to spend that kind of money just to sell some beer. Laws are changing and now, so you can buy six packs at distributors (use to be 12 pack minimum), and on Sundays now  too!! 

Last edited by a moderator:
One of our crazy "Pa." laws. It's legal to purchase fireworks in the state of Pa. UNLESS YOU ARE A RESIDENT OF PA. Yes, you read that right. Come visit me and you can buy a thousand bucks worth of fireworks. Me, I can only buy sparklers and smoke bombs ......  :blink:

Where as in Iowa...You can buy hard liquer at the gas stations.

Ok, we have beer drive thrus in OH. yup drive thru a long garage full of beer, get it and go, chips and such too.  Fireworks, I can buy here, have to sign that I will go out of state to set them off though.  Politics is so dumb. 

I have the Yamaha F200 digital control engine on my new boat. Yamaha's website says 89 octain for this engine but 87 for all the other F200 I looked at. My marina has 87 non ethanol gas and my dealer says 87 is fine. Any opinions from any of you?

I run 89. I'm pretty sure all F200's need 89. That was my impression. I'll have to check my manual again.

I run 90 with No Ethanol 

On Yamaha's website if you compare the inline 4 F200 to the 3.3 V6 F200 and the Vmax F200 it says 89 for the inline 4 and 87 for the other 2. My dealer says his info shows 87 for all. I guess I'm wondering if an octain difference of 2 is that big of a deal and in the remote case I have an issue will Yamaha tell me to pound sand because I was running 87. 

Going to the gas station with multiple cans will be a giant PITA. 

Doesn't matter.................. if it needs gas..............FILL IT UP!!!

On Yamaha's website if you compare the inline 4 F200 to the 3.3 V6 F200 and the Vmax F200 it says 89 for the inline 4 and 87 for the other 2. My dealer says his info shows 87 for all. I guess I'm wondering if an octain difference of 2 is that big of a deal and in the remote case I have an issue will Yamaha tell me to pound sand because I was running 87. 

Going to the gas station with multiple cans will be a giant PITA. 

Per the owners manual it's 89 for the F200. That's what I've always put in mine.

I ran 91 no ethanol in my  Yamaha F200 and will do the same with the new Yamaha 300XCA.  

My Honda manual says to use 86 or higher octane fuel with no more than10% Ethanol.

So I think by that specification in the manual that I should be able to run almost anything.

Back