Express tube installed

Link

Reaction score
Well I finally got on the water this past weekend with the addition of my express toon and underdeck skinning and here are my observations. 

When I bought my boat following break-in the boat did 28MPH.  In the following years my speed has dropped to 26 even when the boat goes in the water with well cleaned toons.  When launched this year I was solo on the boat and hit 31mph.  Once I added 3 more people I hit 28mph.

but as you all know I am not a speed person and that was not the reason I added the express toon.  I did it for the buoyancy and better ride feel and it certainly delivered that.  IMO the boat cut through the large waves of the heavy traffic memorial day weekend and the underskinning certainly provided a smoother ride.

Make no mistake when the time comes for a new boat it most certainly will be SPS or ESP but for those that are not ready to purchase a new boat yet still are willing to spend a reasonable amount the express toon package is a viable alternative.  I also believe that it will probably pay for itself when I recoup the money on trade-in or sale.

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent results and review! I have the ESP and the ride through rollers from wake boats and such is why a third toon, of any flavor, works really well and brings satisfaction to everyone in the boat.

Coming from a two toon to a tri toon there is a huge difference. Glad you are happy with the express. How nose high is the boat at rest?

I had a few first times on my boat this weekend and the comment I got was "wow, there's no place on this boat that gets sprayed or wet. "

Coming from a two toon to a tri toon there is a huge difference. Glad you are happy with the express. How nose high is the boat at rest?
I have to admit lakeliving that I had a lot of concern over this issue prior to the install after reading others comments.  Yes it does slightly higher at rest than before the addition.  I can tell because I know the boat, however to anyone seeing it they cannot tell that the front end sits higher nor does it look funny or odd.

Way to Go Link. What a great thread and story to follow from concept, purchase, installation, to the final results. Thank you for all the knowledge you gave us during your quest to add the 3rd tube.!!!!!!!

Todd

Where are ALL the pictures Link?!?!?!?

Yeah, where are the pics???

Try not to be too naked in any of them.

Thanks for the report. Sounds like it got you 3-5 mph, and a better ride. Your PADS should go into remission for a while now. Did I ever tell you how much I like my 150??? Ha ha ha. Just pokin the bear. Funny, spell check had that as beer. I had to change it back to bear. Spooky.

Last edited by a moderator:
How cool to hear this review.

I hope your experience was all I told you it would be, Mark!

Thanks for the update. Happy boating.

I pulled my 24SSLX earlier this week for its annual detailing.  When I went the 1 1/2 miles across the big lake to the boat ramp, I was getting white caps from the side.  The third tube just adds so much stability in the boat.

My Express Tubes just handles anything our lake puts out.

On my ride home from the boat ramp today, the water was completely still.  At a 18 mph cruise, it was just a glorious day.  But later, here comes the clouds and more winds.  The doldrums of Summer will soon be with us.

Back