Express Tubes

We have the express with a 115, and i have not noticed excessive bow lift. On the S models, express is the only option. Far as i know, you can't get the standard tritube option.

Put some bodies up front. It will level out!
with 400 lbs in the front you don't notice it.

Actually with just the two of us, I don't notice it when at the helm but I haven't ever owned a ponton boat before. In all my mono hull power boats they all ran just a few degrees bow high when trimmed properly.

At the dock the deck of the 2274 is almost exactly even with the gate, perfect.

You may not like the looks of it, but with the ETP, 150 Yamaha, 30 gallons of fuel, and my 200 lb azz in the rear it rides nice and it can be trimmed out suitably.

Yesterday with 5 people on board (250 lbs in front) I was doing 25 mph hour through 6-8 inch chop and 1.5 foot wakes like they weren't there. There was not a drop of water into or on the 2274 and there was no spray. I don't know what it looks like doing 35 mph but it feels and rides great. I would rather have it ride bow high (relative) than have to shift weight to the rear.

Toons in the water = drag.

I think you are dialed into the looks of a "standard" pontoon boat?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just pulled the trigger on the 3rd tube with wave shield today! Should arrive in 3 weeks and 1 day to install. Working on the pricing for the Merc. 150 fourstroke as well from the dealer. It appears I've lost some value this year on the 115. Keeping fingers crossed that I can keep up with C. Wagner and the other big boys over on Lake Norman!

I just got off the lake after putting the first two hours on my new 24'SSLX w/Yamaha 150 hp. The waves were pretty choppy this afternoon, and I notice the Express Tube does run a little nose high. The front end also bounces quite a bit more than my old twin toon 24' Starcraft (that plowed through the waves)--and maybe rides a little rougher.

So far, I had one hour @ 7 mph and one hour at 14 mph. I'll be glad to see how the boat performs when I can get it up to speed.

The Ivory interior on this boat is marvelous. I'm sure I'll really love the boat when I can spin the motor up.

The bow high feature was one of the reasons I want the Express. I was out with friends and family during one of our poker runs. The 4-5' rollers plowed into the front gate and sent probably 20 gallons of water flooding under my helm compartment. Needless to say, I've spent a week working on shorts and blown fuses to my brand new amplifiers!

Spin - I too am now looking at trading in the 115 for a 150. I contacted my dealer to see what the ballpark price would be, but not heard back yet. So, I'd be curious to hear what you find out on yours. Are you trading in, or trying to sell the 115 on your own?

Im also considering the long shaft due to occasional ventilation in turns.

Dano

I just got off the lake after putting the first two hours on my new 24'SSLX w/Yamaha 150 hp. The waves were pretty choppy this afternoon, and I notice the Express Tube does run a little nose high. The front end also bounces quite a bit more than my old twin toon 24' Starcraft (that plowed through the waves)--and maybe rides a little rougher.

So far, I had one hour @ 7 mph and one hour at 14 mph. I'll be glad to see how the boat performs when I can get it up to speed.

The Ivory interior on this boat is marvelous. I'm sure I'll really love the boat when I can spin the motor up.
Congrats on the boat! We have the same, and love it.

Kaydano,

It was just under $3k at the beginning of the year to do the upgrade via trade-in. Now the difference has jumped to $5k. Pretty hefty increase for half a season but is worth it in my eyes. So the new tube with strakes, full wave shield, and motor should set me back about $8k total.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spinzone: Check w/Jacos Marine in Lawrenceburg, TN to see what he'll trade for. He's advertising the new Merc. 150 Fourstrokes for $9,990. He's also reasonable on Enertia props @ $449.

A repower is a quick and easy proposition for mechanics of his quality. They're 80 miles south of Nashville, well within driving distance of Lake Cumberland--4 lane/interstate for you all the way.

Spinzone: Check w/Jacos Marine in Lawrenceburg, TN to see what he'll trade for. He's advertising the new Merc. 150 Fourstrokes for $9,990. He's also reasonable on Enertia props @ $449.

A repower is a quick and easy proposition for mechanics of his quality. They're 80 miles south of Nashville, well within driving distance of Lake Cumberland--4 lane/interstate for you all the way.
Bama,

I saw his website yesterday, I figured I'd give him a shout tomorrow to see what he can do for me. Ridiculously low prices for sure.

Jacos.....I used to buy a lot of my Mercury Hi-perf parts from Jerry. One of the few dealers who isn't afraid to put his cheap, no hidden fee prices on the internet for everyone to see. Great hassle-free, family owned dealership with some of the most knowledgeable folks in the business. :)

Back