Fabric Protector on new Simtex material?

carribeanmum

Reaction score
Hello,
Our dealer was telling us about a fabric protector that they can put on before we pick up our new pontoon (cannot wait!) The fabric protector has a five year warranty and the cost is $800. Anyone have any experience with this? Is it needed/worthwhile? Any other suggestions on how to protect the seats? Thank you in advance!

Jack, perhaps the dealer is offering a no stain warranty as I don't believe that Bennington warranties against stains. CarribeanMum, perhaps you should ask the dealer to specifically state what his additional protector warrants above and beyond Bennington and then decide

I would agree to find out what this "protection" entails. If it covers accidental damages due to items beyond Benningtons warranty, as Link stated, such as tears/rips/cigarette burns, etc .... that might be a good thing to have.

If you decide to purchase it ,make sure it doesn't void your Bennington Warranty . ( get it in writing )

Jack, perhaps the dealer is offering a no stain warranty as I don't believe that Bennington warranties against stains. CarribeanMum, perhaps you should ask the dealer to specifically state what his additional protector warrants above and beyond Bennington and then decide
Thank you all for your responses. I just sent an email asking specifics of what it covers and what it doesn't cover. Also making sure it won't void the Bennington Warranty.

Last edited:
We ended up adding on additional fabric protection through our dealership when we ordered our 2017 Bennington. Like the quote above, it was a little pricey, but it fully covers accidental spills and stains beyond the Bennington warranty, and doesn’t void the manufacturer warranty. Our is five years too, with the option to reapply at that point for an additional five years.

Back