Feedback requested..... should I accept this trailer swap?

goldnrod24

Reaction score
I traded in my 2010 Bennie on a new one (details yet to come). It sits/sat on a 10 year old Hoosier tandem bunk trailer. The original offer was that the dealer got the boat, but I was keeping my trailer.

Well, they have a buyer for my boat, but the buyer wants to take it RIGHT NOW, so the dealer has offered me a new trailer for no extra cost in order to make the buyer of my old boat a happier guy.

The Hoosier is a painted trailer with new 13" tires and newly serviced bearings. And busted tailights (it's a long story).

The new trailer is a Genesis, fully galvanized tandem, with 10" tires and NO brakes. My Chevy HD truck has plenty of excess braking power, plus I only haul 1.5  miles to the launch ramp.

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen those Genesis trailers and they seem very nice. There might be MI laws about brakes (>3k?), but I'd think you can add them. They swapped mine to 4 discs when I bought it. I'd be more worried the trailer/tires aren't rated for the boat's weight, thus they might not have put brakes on to begin with.

I'd take the deal if dealer installed brakes or got you another one with brakes. 

If your trailer is 10 years old I would go for it.  TomS how much cost to add the brakes

Will hubs with the 10" wheels accept brakes?

Update: to add hydraulic brakes is $620. Electric is $400.

Load rating is 4500#.

Update: to add hydraulic brakes is $620. Electric is $400.

Load rating is 4500#.

Sounds good.

And ... um ... about that new boat?

I have a Genesis and ours has been great. I have the 12" wheels though. We are on our second Genesis trailer. The first one had 10" wheels and was used with the 22' we had. I will say I noticed a difference in ride with the 12's vs 10's. I have surge drum on one axle.

D04CFEAD-5208-47B0-96AD-65C811A5E9D0_zpst2anzxty.jpg
C83FF2CD-330E-462D-B420-2B21C82C5C2F_zpsaobzpxhv.jpg

And spill the beans on the new boat! Sounds like a new member will be at next months PAD meeting!

Hi, My name is Randy and I have PADS. [You: "Hi Randy"]

I've had it for a while. I tried repressing it, but I fell off the wagon this month and stopped at a dealership. I realize now I should have called a sponsor right away, but the pull was too strong. He tempted me by letting me know he had a slot filled for an S-boat Premium to be built in April but that he hadn't spec'd it out yet. That was all the temptation I needed and I relapsed bad, real bad.

As a result of my back-sliding behavior, my PADS has resulted in this: SLX Premium 21. SPS w/150 Merc. Sunset Red primary with Bronze accent. Sea grass full floor, extended aft deck. Sandstone premium pillow top and G helm seat up top. Stainless rub rail, stainless docking lights, pop up cleats, stainless ladder and stainless tow bar. Upgraded steering wheel, lighted speakers, bow seat and finally, full Sharkhide.

Thanks for listening, fellow PADS sufferers.

Congrats! That 21SLX with sps and a 150 is the sweet spot. Can't wait to see pics! A genesis trailer will handle that no problem.

I'm giving up one seating spot and the R-series interior/helm, but everyone assures me that the pillow-top S-series premium interior is very nice, so I hope that to be true. The helm is a bit of a downgrade, but I am stoked for the SPS/150 mojo.

I rode in one at the final club event, and it was awesome!!!

I am angling to get in to the factory to watch the final assembly when it's built mid-April.

Mark up another sale contributed to the owners club event. Randy, when you're hauling butt and banking through the turns the last thing you, or others are looking at is the helm. In my experience they are looking for something to hold on to! Can't wait to see the photos when it shows up!

Way to go Randy, can't resist the force!

p.s. It was me who "liked" your post lol.

I like the fact it was liked!!!!

Dang it! I'm out of likes! Well. I think you should get it from the factory too. I like spending other people's money! 

Back