Feedback requested..... should I accept this trailer swap?

Dammit, Scott and Carl. Now I have to call and see if it's too late to add it.

grr.....

I have a 21 with the 150 and only hydraulic steering. Wished I had power assist. Trying to figure out how to add it without the Admiral/CFO finding out...

Re the power assisted steering, I guess it depends how manly you are.  :rolleyes:  we have a 21 SLX, with SPS and 150 HP. All we have is the sea star. We are on a river with loads of turns (connecting to numerous lakes where it's fun to do donuts) and don't miss the power assist at all. I can think of a lot of better ways to spend $1,400. Heck, last week end, we had all four GKids on the boat, and only the 2 year old needed help in turning the wheel. Must be the gene pool? Lol!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re the power assisted steering, I guess it depends how manly you are.  :rolleyes:  we have a 21 SLX, with SPS and 150 HP. All we have is the sea star. We are on a river with loads of turns (connecting to numerous lakes where it's fun to do donuts) and don't miss the power assist at all. I can think of a lot of better ways to spend $1,400. Heck, last week end, we had all four GKids on the boat, and only the 2 year old needed help in turning the wheel. Must be the gene pool? Lol!!!

Yup, and I could drive a car without power steering years ago, would I want to do it again, nope :)

We don't tow and we are slow straight ahead cruisers so I don't think it would be real necessary but for that amount of money I would do so right away.  Not sure if there is a reason why CWag says should get it now but I would hate yo see you go through the 115 vs 150 like scenario Power vs No Power.

The purpose of this boat was to correct the things we didn't get the first time

Well, thanks a lot, guys.

I had to call my sales guy on his cell phone on his day off, no less. Of course, he "never orders power steering on 150s," so I have to go the "buyer should get what he wants" route which I hate to do, but will when needed.

He is checking with the regional rep to see if it still can be done. By the end of the conversation, he seemed a little more open to the idea.

Some friends youze guys are..... :p

We don't tow and we are slow straight ahead cruisers so I don't think it would be real necessary but for that amount of money I would do so right away.  Not sure if there is a reason why CWag says should get it now but I would hate yo see you go through the 115 vs 150 like scenario Power vs No Power.

The purpose of this boat was to correct the things we didn't get the first time

If it's installed now, it has a 7 year warranty. :eek:

I had to call my sales guy on his cell phone on his day off, no less. Of course, he "never orders power steering on 150s," so I have to go the "buyer should get what he wants" route which I hate to do, but will when needed.

Is this the same salesman that tells people 115HP is plenty?

Update: after a week of nothing, I was told you can't order the electric power steering on a 21' SLX. I pushed some more and this afternoon, the build confirmation came through with it on.

It was a lot of cabbage. You guys better be right!

You're gonna love it  ;)

Hey! I suggested it too!

According to the dealer, "nobody orders ps on an SLX" so you are complicit, too! ;-)

Yup we all thought that Randy but none of us have ever said it

Back