Fender Storage

Link

Reaction score
I have been thinking about using a fender rack and placing them at the stern corners. This way the next time a corner is bumped I won't get a dent, since those panels seem to be dent magnets

Where do you store your fenders. On my deck boat I used to throw them in the storage but they always went in wet which bothered me. Anyone use anything like the Taylor Made Stainless Steel Fender Racks:

http://www.go2marine.com/product/95586F/stainless-steel-fender-racks.html
Link, did you ever get a fender rack? It'd be nice to find something that would hook onto the top rail but be held to the outside of the pontoon panel. Our three 8 1/2 x 26" fenders get in the way sometimes, not bad, but every little bit of walkspace is helpful!

We keep ours under the lounge seats in the front.................

(Thanks BK) This is one of the only reasons I wish we didn't have the fishing model (no front lounge seats & no floor storage). Wouldn't trade though...just need to come up w/an idea!

Last edited by a moderator:
I ended up buying EZ Fenders.  Now when we take boat out we just turn the wheel, pull our fenders up high and retighten.   

Just my personal preference, I like the outside of the boat to be clean when I'm using it & no fenders hanging on the outside except docked. I see people that leave their fenders on all the time & they are flapping in the water as they go down the lake. I believe the Taylor made racks are made for round tubing, I used them on my cabin cruiser, you might be able to adapt to square rails.

BamaKat, I do agree that fenders flopping around looks like crap.  My wife insisted we get the designer color ones, our's are maroon and they are tied with a black rope.  When they are pulled all the way up with the ezfender they look pretty good 

The ezfender looks like it would work better than the Taylor made on a pontoon.

BamaKat, I do agree that fenders flopping around looks like crap.  My wife insisted we get the designer color ones, our's are maroon and they are tied with a black rope.  When they are pulled all the way up with the ezfender they look pretty good 
I just leave my black fenders flopping around on the side of our black boat, with a black rope.  Of course, next to my Benny, I also look like crap. :)

We keep ours in the port seat back up front that flips up. That is where my rope is as well. We only use them when pulling the boat out though. No need with the lift and we don't raft up. I have then tied to the taylor made clips that go over the rails. I was suppose to get a couple more of those....

I keep mine under the front port seat along with my anchors. I tried hanging them on the back of the fishing station on my 22 ssx but it left marks so I stopped that after one trip. The few times I've forgotten to take them off the sides, I've ended up with a fair amount of water splashing in under the port door so it's surprising to me that many people would do that. I use the Taylor Made clips and like them. The EX Fenders look nice if you want to leave your fenders on but I like the look of the boat without them, especially for as little as they are used. 

Thanks everyone! I'll see if any of these ideas work for us. Appreciate the input!

Bulldog, I would think West Hawk Marine sells so many due to the other uses pictures directly above them, to fly the American Flag

Derrick and anyone else with an open stern . I  know where to mount the ones for the bow . I am looking for suggestions for the stern .I am not even going to think about the stainless rail . :eek:

We store ours in the chaise angled back cushions compartment, one used for a garbage basket, the other two for fenders in the upright position, we tie up with friends often as well as need 4-5 fenders because of tight docking in our slip. We absolutely love the fender adjusters found on Overton's. They are item #74625 fender adjusters $19.99 for 4. You can tie a knot toward the end so the rope never slips out and you can tie a knot anywhere along the rope to achieve the desired fender length (my mates need all the help at presetting these desired lengths because when needed, time is of the essence on many occasions). They slide over the square railing with little effort.  Warning, threading the 3/8" rope through the 3/8" fender adjuster hole is very time consuming and frustrating but worth the effort. Stan

We absolutely love the fender adjusters found on Overton's. They are item #74625 fender adjusters $19.99 for 4. Stan
We use those clips also and I found them at an outlet store for $2 each. Simple to position, move and use. We use them only at dock since we don't raft up so don't need to adjust lengths, but would be easy to do.

We absolutely love the fender adjusters found on Overton's. They are item #74625 fender adjusters $19.99 for 4.
We use those too & bought an extra pack as I read on another post that they're great for clipping various other things to the side/bimini rails (like towells, shading, etc).

They're not adjustable though, like the EZ ones Link got, which is why when we leave the dock we pull our fenders right inside the boat, (and why I'm looking for a storage space idea for the fenders while underway. I may find some room in the privacy/portapotty space).

Back