Fenders

I use those also, they stay really well on the square railing. They adjust easy to different docks/other boats, and come off easy for storage

Has anyone had a problem with a dark colored fender discoloring their pontoon?  If so, is it better to buy white fenders (that might get discolored from rubbing the pontoon) or is it better to buy dark colored fenders (that won't show the discoloration from the pontoon as easily as a white fender) but that might in turn discolor the pontoon itself?

My only challenge was the constant contact rubbed the sharkhide off in a couple spots. No transfer of the black fenders to the toons.

Last edited by a moderator:
My only challenge was the constant contact rubbed the sharkhide off in a couple spots. No transfer of the black fenders to the toons.
I have the same issue .They have a spray can for touch ups on a page ,but not listed to order .

Has anyone had a problem with a dark colored fender discoloring their pontoon?  If so, is it better to buy white fenders (that might get discolored from rubbing the pontoon) or is it better to buy dark colored fenders (that won't show the discoloration from the pontoon as easily as a white fender) but that might in turn discolor the pontoon itself?
We have both dark blue and white ones the white one get dirty, but they dont leave any color  on the boat. the boat clips grey plastic are great they work well and hold up well.

Calamus,

Thank you for your answer.  Are you saying that your black fenders do not discolor your pontoons in any way whatsoever?

David

Calamus,

Thank you for your answer.  Are you saying that your black fenders do not discolor your pontoons in any way whatsoever?

David
Ours are dark blue and no have not had any discolor on the toons we have sharkhide and you can see where it has scuffed that up so I will need to do some touch up on that. My white ones are at least 20 years old and the dark blue ones are have had only one season on them.

I have a couple different brands of black fenders and have never seen any black marks on the boat from them.

Boater Sports is one brand. I don't remember the other brand, but it is a cheaper brand and they work fine with no marks.

has anyone used the ultimate fenders that overtons has on sale now just wondering if they are worth the money for the new pontoon

Back