Finally locked the order for our new 2275 RCW Limited

TomS

Reaction score
After many months, 100+ posts, great advice here, and studying this to death, my dealer finally locked our order in for our first Bennington. Our project started many months ago with the goal of reducing our waterfront footprint - a Malibu tournament ski boat and a 50 hp Harris pontoon, 2 lifts, 2 storage bills, 2 insurance bills, 2 of everything down to one! Fortunately our dealer helped us sell all of it very quickly in the fall.

Here is what we ended up with:

- 2275 RCW Limited, Smokey Granite main panel, Midnight Black accent stripe

- Sandstone pillow top interior

- Mercury Verado 250 Pro

- ESP package

- Power steering

- Smartcraft/DTS

- Under deck wave shield

- 50 gallon center fuel tank

- In floor storage

- Full Seagrass flooring

- Black powered bimini with blue ice LED's

- Rough water package

- Raised helm

- Bow gate seat

- Blue ice LED cup holders

- Coffee table

- 52" ski pole

- Sony bluetooth

- Dual batteries - port

- Privacy delete

- Extra wide helm seat

- Water fuel separator

- Stainless steel rub rail

- Sharkhyde tube protectant (3 tubes)

I'm pretty sure we'll put it on a Mid-America based trailer from www.trailersforpontoons.com and a Feighner 6000# Hydro Max II hydraulic lift/canopy (assuming the water levels come up).

Now the long wait for spring begins!

Congratulations on the new Benny... ... WOW from a 50 to a 250.....you are going to love it... and I'm jealous :)

Congrats !!!! Make sure to post up pics when she comes in....... :)

Well, it sounds pretty great! I know you've agonized over this a lot, but why the delete of the privacy change room? If it's storage reasons, I think once you start packing it all in the floor storage you may wish you had the curtain. I know we end up using it on ours, although we have to trailer to and from the lake so nobody wants to be sitting in a wet bathing suit for the trip home or to the ice cream shop BEFORE the trip home! :) And it doesn't look like I'll be selling my boat this year so looks like I'll be doing an aftermarket sub and speaker install, the sound IS already pretty impressive, but this should bump it up, the amount your saving on having the aft teak would cover both options! Hehe but you'll love it either way! Congrats!

Derrick

Derrick,

We live on an 800 acre lake during the summer, so it's never more than a couple minutes back to the house for a change. It's pretty much all homes/cottages, one marina and an ice cream stand so there aren't any places to go such that you'd need to change on board. It's casual everywhere! We had it on the previous 2 pontoons and never even opened them up.

Yes, the aft teak was almost $2k which was just too over the top given the other options we couldn't resist. My wife said she really didn't want it anyway (I did), so you know who wins that one. I think the Seagrass aft will be really nice though. We looked at a lot of them with this on it and it looked great with the Sandstone, easy on the feet as well.

I've done my own audio for many years as high end home audio is my other very expensive hobby. I figured I'd just see how it sounds and go from there if I need to. On our small lake I already tire of the wake boats with a dozen distorted speakers blaring nasty stuff from the towers, so I don't want to join them. It's such a small lake, one boat turns into a "concert" for everyone. It sometimes makes people rather cranky.

Tom

Wow, that's a nice build. I also am curious as to why the privacy delete.

IMO the RCW is the sharpest looking design but we went with the RL mainly to get the large privacy room that is also tall enough that I placed a comode in it and use the sani bags [ http://www.cleanwaste.com/products#pop ] because I din't want to haul a bucket of urine and have to clean the bucket after every trip. For our lifestyle of cocktail cruised I think we made the right choice for us

Congrats Tom, sounds like quite a nice toon and a quick one. It sure won't take long to get accross the lake being only 800 acres.

We're hoping that in retirement we'll be on a nice big lake like yours further south! That's the plan anyway.

We're hoping that in retirement we'll be on a nice big lake like yours further south! That's the plan anyway.
Then you don't have to put the boat to sleep for the winter. B)

Congrats and your new boat sounds very nice! My QCW came with the changing curtain under one of the rear loungers and I took it out for the storage on the rear and because we will never use a changing area on the boat. Be sure to post some pics when you can.

Jack

I assume a couple months before I'll have pictures.

Since we're only about 60 miles away from the factory in Elkhart, my dealer will just drive over, pick up the trailer, then drop the boat right on it and fit it there.

Sounds Awesome!!! You certainly didn't leave much out! Funny, I went with the Smokey Granite panel with the Midnight Black stripe. Thought I was alone on this one. When my dealer saw it he put an order in for one to place in the showroom. They loved it! So did I. I think you'll love the full Seagrass floor, I certainly do.

Won't be that long of a wait to at least see it anyway, Bennington was super fast with ours. I think it was like seven weeks from order to delivery.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, that's a nice build. I also am curious as to why the privacy delete.

IMO the RCW is the sharpest looking design but we went with the RL mainly to get the large privacy room that is also tall enough that I placed a comode in it and use the sani bags [ http://www.cleanwaste.com/products#pop ] because I din't want to haul a bucket of urine and have to clean the bucket after every trip. For our lifestyle of cocktail cruised I think we made the right choice for us
I did the same thing and ordered the cleanwaste toilet and waste bags. I didn't want to handle it either. I have the privacy shelter with porta potty under the rear lounger. Planning on removing the potty and using the Cleanwaste toilet in its place.

Hey TomS, in case you don't already know Cleanwaste sells a privacy pop up shelter you can store under a seat till needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is going to be a beautiful boat! Enjoy

TomS, If you don't mind me asking, what made you go with the RCW limited instead of the RCW ? I was wondering did it save some cash?

I was going to do this at 1st but I liked the sloped down look of the panels toward the rear. My dealer said either way would have worked the same money wise with the total options I picked. I thought more was included in the limited in the way of options, yes?

TomS, If you don't mind me asking, what made you go with the RCW limited instead of the RCW ? I was wondering did it save some cash?

I was going to do this at 1st but I liked the sloped down look of the panels toward the rear. My dealer said either way would have worked the same money wise with the total options I picked. I thought more was included in the limited in the way of options, yes?
All it gets you is the closed rear section, the same price for the most part. No idea why they called it "Limited" but now it's just "Closed Stern". We did it because of 2 grandkids under the age of 3. My wife wanted them closed in at all times on the boat. We never let them out of our grasp (or life jackets) much less on the back of the boat by themselves, but whatever. She thought it "safer" to have the gate at the very back.

Your wife sounds like a very wise "Gramma". :) We have a 4 and 5 year old, and sometimes they seem to test the limits of EVERYTHING! :)

That would be my dream boat. Very nice!

Back