Fire Extinguisher

TroyBoy30

Reaction score
Where is yours mounted? they mounted mine to the floor behind the captains chair. Seems like a strange spot

Mine is mounted in the rear on a vertical rail by the stern entry door. I have a second one inside the helm....

Different models have different mounting locations .Mine is on the helm ,next to the captains chair .
I think mine is in a great location, very easy to reach .I also have a 2nd in my carry on .

Ours is the same as Darils.

Last edited:
Mine is the same as Link's, too; down beside the captain's chair, mounted to the deck.

Same here. It's not in the way for us.

Mine is on floor next to captains chair. Not real easy to get at.

Where is yours mounted? they mounted mine to the floor behind the captains chair. Seems like a strange spot

On the floor behind the Captains chair.

ok its not just me then. just seems like a strange place for it. I could put a duffel bag back there or something

On the floor behind the Captains chair.

Ditto. I throw my camera bag , lens bag and tripod behind the seat. There’s not a ton of useable space behind ours for anything else.

Looks like Kiddie is having a recall, not sure if Bennington used them as an OEM item, but surely we've replaced quite a few over the years. I believe they are offering free replacements for the affected units.

https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2017/k...astic-handles-due-to-failure-to-discharge-and

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/consumer/more-40-million-fire-extinguishers-recalled-n816956

Thanks ,looks like I have them

My boat is all covered up. Any confirmation that these were used on our boats?

According to the recall there are some on PWC's
"Push-button Pindicator fire extinguishers: The recall involves eight models of Kidde Pindicator fire extinguishers manufactured between August 11, 1995 and September 22, 2017. The no-gauge push-button extinguishers were sold in red and white, and with a red or black nozzle. These models were sold primarily for kitchen and personal watercraft applications.

2 of the 3 I have are on the list . 3rd is on the boat in hibernation . Wont be able to check that until spring .

I just filed a claim for 2 of the 3 .All on line very easy .
"Thank you for your submission. Your product is affected and as a result Kidde will be sending you a replacement unit. It should arrive within 15-20 business days. Please retain your existing fire extinguisher unit until your replacement has been received. Upon receipt of your new fire extinguisher you will find instructions on what to do with your affected fire extinguisher."

I'll have to check my PWC. Thanks Jack.

I guess using cheaper materials didn't save much money in the long run.....oops!!o_O

After reading all of recall information and submitting serial numbers and model numbers ,I would bet the one on my boat is on the list .

Back