Fire Extinguisher

I do know cars are the same way. I had a 78 Malibu I bought in 86 or 87. Definitely out of warranty, but received 2 recalls ..... but those are cars. Seems surprising that fire extinguishers are recalled 35+ years past warranty.

I was able to check mine today .
It is a First Alert .

Last edited:
Thanks for the thread revival. I need to check mine

Just checked my First Alert Extinguisher .Its not on the list

We will have to check ours when we get our boat on May 21.

Just remembered to check my “first alert” extinguisher on the boat. It is not one of the recalled ones. I did previously replace 2 Kidde extinguishers from the House.

For those who need to check theirs this is what the site said:

The recall involves First Alert’s model number FE1A1G. Only fire extinguishers with serial numbers beginning with RH, RK, RL or RP are involved in the recall.

The serial number can be found above the model number in a rectangular box.

Consumers who have fire extinguishers that are being recalled should immediately contact First Alert Consumer Affairs at 800-323-9005.

thanks Jack for the link to article.

D’oh! On our boat all weekend and I forgot to check. I need to remember to do this next weekend.

Last edited:
All the weeks leading up to putting the boat in the water I said to myself, "Don't forget to check the fire Extinguisher". I guess I should write myself a note so that I don't forget to check the fire extinguisher. Maybe I should write myself a note to remind myself where I put the note to remember to check the fire extinguisher.

Back