Flooring help again! Dark holly aquateak or seagrass

Presque Isle

Reaction score
I was going to go with woven teak but as of today it's no longer available.

Looking at dark holly aqua teak or sea grass.

Pros & cons? Maybe some pics? Hard to pick out without seeing on boat first.

Boat will be black with bronze accents.

Thx!

I have seen both and I think they both look nice.  Many on this forum love the seagrass hopefully enough chime in with their opinions

This is your boat. You need to like it and your opinion is the only one that counts. That said...

I never owned a pontoon boat and I don't know anyone that does so I had little to compare.

When I ordered my boat, I relied a lot on my dealer's recommendation.

I figured he has ordered dozens, perhaps hundreds of boats, and he is more likely to know what looks good and what does not.

I have very strong opinions on electronics and engines but flooring? ...  Not so much.

When I was considering the flooring, I was eyeing the Aqua Teak (faux teak and ivory) versus the seagrass.

His advice was that the full flooring in Aqua Teak is 'too much of a good thing". (overpowering) 

I went with the seagrass.

YMMV.

Jim

I have the nutmeg aqua teak and love the look. We also have snap in carpet to it is soft on the feet. I think the seagrass has some more cushion and many oh here love it. Having a dog and doing a lot of fishing I was worried about nails/hooks in the seagrass so that is why we went with the vinyl. With that sad, many on here have reported no issues with dogs etc.

I would suggest this for determining what floor....."Honey, what floor would you like?"

When she is happy it is a win win!

Our build was a little over 2 years ago and did me and the wife go back and forth with the same choice and decision. As with the above some time "too much" of a good thing makes it "way too much" I agree.

Our final choice, Snap in palm carpet main area (limited snaps) Rear deck only Seagrass. Great for clean up of carpet and deck, great for high traffic days, Great for changing the look once in a while too.

After 2 years we still love the decision.

May the force be with you!!

Regards

We have the seagrass throughout. Love it. No problems with our Springer, Max. He likes it too....

Brian

Bought our boat off dealer's floor and it came with sea grass. 90% of the time we love it but iif it is in the direct sun it ican be blazing hot on bare feet.

I had the full floor aqua teak. I'll have to say too much of a good thing was awesome! I loved that floor! I kept a collapsible broom on board, swept things away, then sprayed some 50/50 vinegar $ water to clean her up. Looked like a show boat. Too much of a good thing; I'll take it everyday and twice on Sunday. That's why I bought a Bennington, AND, that's why I was able to sell it to the first people that looked at it.

The pics of Rockie69's boat are awesome. Click his name above and check his gallery.

We love our seagrass, cooler on HOT days, but also like the looks of the Aqua Teak. Overall, happy with the seagrass.

Back