Follow my pole barn project

Depends on the trailer type and trailer tire sizes.

So I don't have to start a new thread. 

How tall is a pontoon boat on the trailer with the bimini top down?  I have a shed now with 10' walls and I was just going to come off the side of it but my sales person said it would be tight at 10 feet.

Might just have to wait till I get it home and then build.
With all the various trailer dimensions, I'd definitely wait for the boat to confirm before you build / change anything on the shed. Note that unless you are doing an overhead door instead of a sliding door, you won't have the full 10' clearance.

We didn't have that option (shop is already there with 8' 10" overhead door clearance from a 9' tall OH door) but with tons of research with existing similar trailers (manufacturer and model), existing similar boats, and a few additional adjustments to try to ensure it would fit, we're doing a 2575 RCWCP ESP on a Bear trailer with 14" tires (205 height tires instead of the taller 215 size), plus 1" shorter Y-brackets (side bunks will ride just above the fenders). You can gain a little with 13" or smaller tires but we're expecting to trailer it a lot so didn't want to push the tire / bearing limits any more than we had to.

Captains chair seats (2 front port and 1 on raised helm) and windshield are expected (and hoped) to clear without reclining / removal but the steering wheel can't be lowered so that may be the true height limitation. Mooring cover poles will definitely need removed and the bimini dropped all the way down onto the back rear lounger seats (even off of the trailering arms, where we can't trailer with in that position...). We're also doing a curved bimini that due to the curve, provides more clearance when lowered since it drops back down towards the back instead of the straight bimini that continues angling upward as going toward the rear of the boat. From my previous measurement investigations, a straight bimini would go up to about the same height as the helm seat (raised helm, unreclined), windshield in place, and steering wheel, but all will be somewhat close to that same height if we went with the straight bimini (straight bimini may be the highest in that configuration within a couple inches), from what I remember.

Trailer build scheduled to be done tomorrow and boat was delivered to the dealer today for rigging so delivery and time of truth for both to us is expected to be next week.

If the shop wasn't already built, it would for sure get a taller door than a 9' to keep it from all being so close (and to allow the possibility of the mooring cover poles to stay in and bimini to stay up on the trailering arms).

I'm sure you can make it work, but as you can see, lots of things in play and every build/trailer is different so I'd wait to confirm on your boat and trailer if you can and see what you want to do or possibly sacrifice as far as convenience from there.

Sorry if this was more info than needed and if this poses more questions than answers but hopefully it helps give a rough idea of what you may be up against or what to consider if you think you may be tight on clearance...

Too many variables. You will need to measure your exact setup to be sure.

If I understand the question, you want to know if your boat with the top stowed will fit into your 9 foot door? See first sentence.

I measured my boat on the trailer with the top up and open. It was less than 13', so I am OK with the 13' tall door.

I would never suggest someone make their plans based on my situation.

Wish I could be of more help. Good luck and happy boating.

Thanks for your help.

Told the builder to hold up till I have the boat here. Just picked her up to night, trailer has 13" tires.

I'm not starting with a slab but will take that in consideration before the build.

Thanks

And this folks is why I built my barn with 14' walls and 13' high doors. I want to be able to pull right in (door on each end) with the top up and not have to futz with lowering anything. OK, maybe the top light/flagpole, but that's it!

With all the various trailer dimensions, I'd definitely wait for the boat to confirm before you build / change anything on the shed. Note that unless you are doing an overhead door instead of a sliding door, you won't have the full 10' clearance.

We didn't have that option (shop is already there with 8' 10" overhead door clearance from a 9' tall OH door) but with tons of research with existing similar trailers (manufacturer and model), existing similar boats, and a few additional adjustments to try to ensure it would fit, we're doing a 2575 RCWCP ESP on a Bear trailer with 14" tires (205 height tires instead of the taller 215 size), plus 1" shorter Y-brackets (side bunks will ride just above the fenders). You can gain a little with 13" or smaller tires but we're expecting to trailer it a lot so didn't want to push the tire / bearing limits any more than we had to.

Captains chair seats (2 front port and 1 on raised helm) and windshield are expected (and hoped) to clear without reclining / removal but the steering wheel can't be lowered so that may be the true height limitation. Mooring cover poles will definitely need removed and the bimini dropped all the way down onto the back rear lounger seats (even off of the trailering arms, where we can't trailer with in that position...). We're also doing a curved bimini that due to the curve, provides more clearance when lowered since it drops back down towards the back instead of the straight bimini that continues angling upward as going toward the rear of the boat. From my previous measurement investigations, a straight bimini would go up to about the same height as the helm seat (raised helm, unreclined), windshield in place, and steering wheel, but all will be somewhat close to that same height if we went with the straight bimini (straight bimini may be the highest in that configuration within a couple inches), from what I remember.

Trailer build scheduled to be done tomorrow and boat was delivered to the dealer today for rigging so delivery and time of truth for both to us is expected to be next week.

If the shop wasn't already built, it would for sure get a taller door than a 9' to keep it from all being so close (and to allow the possibility of the mooring cover poles to stay in and bimini to stay up on the trailering arms).

I'm sure you can make it work, but as you can see, lots of things in play and every build/trailer is different so I'd wait to confirm on your boat and trailer if you can and see what you want to do or possibly sacrifice as far as convenience from there.

Sorry if this was more info than needed and if this poses more questions than answers but hopefully it helps give a rough idea of what you may be up against or what to consider if you think you may be tight on clearance...

Back