Friday the 13th

azray007

Reaction score
Tomorrow is Friday the 13th...but around Charlotte it's going to be a sunny 69-74 degree day.  It's a lucky day for us.  I'm taking a half day tomorrow and getting a little sunshine.  You've got to love January boating in NC!  I can't wait for another ride on our Bennington!

High of 34 here, rub it in a little more Alan.  Half a day at work, sunshine, warm, Benny ride.   Oooh everyone ... look at me.   Thanks for nuthin.

P.S. I sat in my cold boat .. in the cold barn. cold.

Enjoy, :p     

Last edited by a moderator:
60 plus today, probably 20's by weekend. Freekin Pennsylvania ....  :blink:

I was born on Friday the 13th, so I consider it pretty lucky although my kids don't. 

Tomorrow is Friday the 13th...but around Charlotte it's going to be a sunny 69-74 degree day.  It's a lucky day for us.  I'm taking a half day tomorrow and getting a little sunshine.  You've got to love January boating in NC!  I can't wait for another ride on our Bennington!

Mid 70's today and my boat is 1,270 miles away :wacko:

Last edited by a moderator:
But at least you can rent one and go out. Low 30's here, boats 5 miles away buried in a storage building ... :( .  But then again the new boat parts should be arriving in Elkhart any time now ...  :wub:

Alan did you go out?!? Thursday and Friday were just gorgeous! It hit 77 in Charlotte! Good to put my shorts on again!

60's all next week!

Times 2!!!

I just noticed where your from. I almost transferred to a sister company right down the road in Telford. Just wasn't interested in the job, nor staying in Pa., but the first thing I checked was the nearby lake.  ;)

Nockamixon has a 20hp limit but otherwise you have at least a 50 minute drive. Born and raised here, About 10 minutes from Telford. Great area and great schools.... just sucks if you're a boater!!! :)  

That's ok. I'm used to the 20hp limit ....  ;)

Alan did you go out?!? Thursday and Friday were just gorgeous! It hit 77 in Charlotte! Good to put my shorts on again!

60's all next week!

Yes.  It was so warm, at low speeds, that I ended up in just my swim shorts.  I did jump in the water and got out really quick!  I checked my gauges and found the water temperature to be a busty 42 degrees.  :)   I will say, that one day on the water really lifted my winter blues and made me very happy I purchased a Bennington and sold the Sea Ray!

60's all next week!

Hahaha ..... I wear shorts till it hits 20 degrees.  ;)

Yes.  It was so warm, at low speeds, that I ended up in just my swim shorts.  I did jump in the water and got out really quick!  I checked my gauges and found the water temperature to be a busty 42 degrees.  :)   I will say, that one day on the water really lifted my winter blues and made me very happy I purchased a Bennington and sold the Sea Ray!

42 degree water almost qualifies as a polar plunge! Ha!

@BigKahuna Yes sir!  I did have a polar plug in both Lake Wylie and Mountain Island Lake.  Mtn Island was much cooler!!  My goal was to go boating and swim, or at least get in the water, every month for a year since we purchased our boat back in June.  So far, I've managed that goal.  It seems the worst part is behind us! 

Did you get your boat wrapped yet?

@BigKahuna 

Did you get your boat wrapped yet?

In the process. The company wrapping it has already been out to the storage yard to measure the entire boat and I've spent some time at their new shop coming up with a design/color scheme etc. etc. Even though our weather has just been phenomenal this so called winter we still don't want to take the boat out of storage too early. It's been known to snow in March. Ha!

Can't wait to see it BK

Back