Front filler seat

prd2hnt

Reaction score
Or whatever it is called. We have a 21slx and just order the piece to fill in the bow section.

Anybody have this on an S?

it was only an option starting in 2015 due to the seat shape changes. I wouldn't have ordered it though as we board from the bow. Otherwise it makes for a nice seating layout.

The boat we just purchased has it.  It makes for a really nice wrap around up front..  IF you don't board from it.  It does fit, however, up against the side boarding door.

Like Kaydano posted previously they changed the layout in my floor plan in 2015 to allow that, on my 2014 that is not the case as the port gate is really small. (24 sslx)

We bought the bow filler seat for our boat mid-summer as the dealer had them on clearance.  Do we like it?  It's nice if you are planning on taking out several family members or friends.....completes the full "U" couch in either the bow or stern of the boat.  We normally use it in the stern while entertaining (because of the table being back there) and at the port side when we are planning on heading to the sandbar for a little swimming.   This spring I figure we will keep the seat in the stern till the water warms up enough to go swimming then we may take the seat out of the boat completely as it is normally just the 2 of us cruising and the filler seat is in the way more than it gets used.

DSCN06941_zpss7pgvvfs.jpg

DSCN07311_zpsrsyry6vi.jpg

It does fit, however, up against the side boarding door.
There's some other threads on it, but apparently that is not the case with all boats. Some models have slightly smaller or larger port side openings so it may fit or it might be like a half inch too narrow. Hence why they call it the bow gate seat, I guess. 

FWIW, I love having mine on the port side. I'd hate it in the bow since that's how I usually get on and off when we're beached. 

Our dealer says it can be used on our 2014 layout, 2015 model. This does not have the curved front. Hope he is right. We ordered it.

There's no way it will fit snugly up there in the bow of a boat without curved seats. I mean, it'll fit, but it would look pretty odd, IMO. Like a standalone seat with lots of space on the sides. 

We bought the bow filler seat for our boat mid-summer as the dealer had them on clearance.  Do we like it?  It's nice if you are planning on taking out several family members or friends.....completes the full "U" couch in either the bow or stern of the boat.  We normally use it in the stern while entertaining (because of the table being back there) and at the port side when we are planning on heading to the sandbar for a little swimming.   This spring I figure we will keep the seat in the stern till the water warms up enough to go swimming then we may take the seat out of the boat completely as it is normally just the 2 of us cruising and the filler seat is in the way more than it gets used.

DSCN06941_zpss7pgvvfs.jpg

DSCN07311_zpsrsyry6vi.jpg
Off topic but is that bridge as low as it looks in the top pic you posted? Looks like your top would hit if you had it raised.

Resqu2:  That bridge is actually one of the taller ones on our lake.  You should see the "low bridge" at fantasy island we go under to hit micky d's....it barely makes it (couple of inches to spare) with the bimini on the short legs.

The bridge to orchard island......to short for bimini up (all the bridges are that way)

DSCN0257_zpsce9fe499.jpg

Can't find a pic of fantasy island bridge right at the moment but it makes these look very tall.

McDonaldsOhio.jpg

I have the Bow filler seat for my boat.  Didn't use it for years.  Put it on board last season and now won't go without it.  It used to fit both the bow section and the port gate area, until I installed the refrigerator under the post-side sink.  Now it only can be used up front.  I stow it behind the helm until everyone is on board and then move it into place.

Mine spends most of the time at the port gate since we board on the stern. It does get moved to the bow for the dock-side cocktail hour thing, though. Very handy to have, I just wish Bennington had done a better job attaching the vinyl to the seat at the bottom. Their choice of using a bazillion staples shot in all directions makes me think it was bring your nephew to work day when mine was built and they gave the kid something to do.

Very useful piece, though. I also like the ottoman a lot, too.

LOL @ Bring your Nephew to Work Day!

The Amish build Bennington seats. It could have been a nephew!

Chris, how well does the seat fit on the port gate, I had thought it fit the front very well but was a little too small on the port gate and the look was sloppy?

Chris, how well does the seat fit on the port gate, I had thought it fit the front very well but was a little too small on the port gate and the look was sloppy?
I had to have Bennington make sure it also fit to port when I ordered mine, since the showroom 2012/2013 R's I looked at back then were all too tight. The factory moved things around so there is actually about an inch or two gap now. I just stuff a thin cushion next to it to keep it in place and all is good. I suspect it became a running change so it won't necessarily fit all of them.

Thanks for the answers, I think that the seat in the port gate really finishes the look.  I also think it does in the front gate but I can't imagine anyone would like riding backwards

Last edited by a moderator:
The wife and I spent the whole day today deep cleaning the boat. This thread inspired me to take a couple photos of how the bow seat fits on the port side of my 2275 GCW. 

Centered in the opening:

IMG_1929.JPG

Pushed to one side:

IMG_1930.JPG

Back