Frustrated with Bennington

So basically they made a mistake and before they EVEN HAVE A CHANCE TO ADDRESS IT, you come on here and blast them.

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but it seems like the forum has turned nto a bitch session before people even give Bennington or the dealer a chance to address issues before posting.

With the amount of toons they are turning out, mistakes can happen. But I think in all fairness THEY DESERVE the chance to fix it before lamblasting them. That's my rant for the day ....

I'm not saying the quality may not be up to expectations, but really, is it THAT BIG OF A DEAL in 24 hours ..... ????

Last edited by a moderator:
Amen to that brother!

3,738 members here, I've been here from the start, and i can only recall a few that had real problems, and in every one of those instances, Bennington made it right.

It also seems that the majority of the problems where on boats that had many upgrades or changes to the original configuration, while this sets Bennington apart from other manufacturers, it also invites potential for error. You can't go buy a Ford and ask for Lincoln seats...........

Guys, i know it is frustrating when things arent right, but give your dealer and Bennington a chance to make it right, and also realize that while every customer is important, they are trying to keep up with all their customers, and you may have to wait your turn.

The person that installed the system should've fessed up that they broke it and not have let it gone through. Some people don't take pride in their work and I've worked with many of them in the automotive world. That's my rant but give them a chance to fix it first before you blast them. Because they can just as easily shut the forum down and I don't want that to happen.

Everything I have read says to NOT tow with the cover on. 

Also, This is my 4th boat and the previous 3 all had speedometers.  However, none of them worked flawlessly.  I upgraded to the Lowrance HDS7 and utilize the GPS speedometer.  Much better and more reliable.

A basic speedometer is pretty much useless, and notoriously inaccurate. I really could care less if I even had one. I run by tach, the sweet spot is easy to ascertain for about every model and power option. My depth finder/GPS is very accurate, but even with that I rarely look at my speed. I travel at a speed I feel comfortable at---whatever that is. As for defects in fit and finish, it happens. It appears more attention to detail and instilling a quality work ethic is an area where Bennington needs to spend some time and effort. Some boats have had many problems, yet others have had few, if any problems. I really had no problems with my boat. It is possible that Bennington added a number of new or temporary employees to keep up production, and if you're behind schedule it is tough to find the time to properly train those new employees. Not an excuse for the workmanship, but more a symptom of labor today. The problems seem to coincide with the peak shipping period, and that is one reason I ordered mine to be built in the Dec/Jan time period. I know in my construction business I rarely had a quality problem with my permanent guys--only the new ones would cut a corner here or there. It takes time to get those to come around to the standard, and I'm sure I missed some of their shortcomings.  Agreed, it is disappointing to spend this amount of money and get many problems, but hopefully Bennington will make it right.

Semperfi

I have to ask, would you buy a BMW, GM, Honda or Mercedes, drop 53K and be happy with a cracked anything or not delivered as expected car. Would you take the car and wait for the maker to get back to you when it is convenient for them.

If they shut the board down because of criticism then they are not a trustworthy manufacturer.

Bennington is a fine manufacturer but they are dropping the ball. If we as owners don't criticize them when the quality isn't as expected how will they ever improve.

I won't post anymore as I don't want offend Bennington or those of you that are angry, I expect the best out of Bennington.

Maybe the moderators can delete this thread.

Take care all. I enjoyed my time reading this board.

I would be frustrated too Steve. I don't want to see anyone leave the forum, so I hope you reconsider. This is a great forum to be involved in. I know I was quite upset when my playpen cover funneled rain into my boat instead of off of it, I came on here and like you, voiced my concerns, and I was pretty angry when I did it! Well, Bennington has hopefully corrected my issue(still have to try it out) because that is the kind of company they are. I have been amazed at some of the things "slipping through the crack" as of late, and I mentioned in another thread that I think they need to get back to their strengths,  and that is building an amazing boat with impeccable quality and craftsmanship. Stick around, let us know the outcome, make fun of Kaydano. We all do it, it makes us feel better. I have gotten defensive of Bennington a time or two when a negative comment was said, for me, it was because I know how above and beyond Bennington has gone for myself and others when certain things have came up. Think of it as if you ran into an opposing schools pep rally and yelled out "You SUCK!!" it may rub a few the wrong way. I know that isn't what you did, nor what your intention was so don't worry too much. Stick around and let Bennington show YOU why they are the best. 

Derrick

Steve,

I read back through this thread, and I don't see your comments as being out of line. Quite the contrary, much of it was factual, some of it just saying how you felt, and some of it asking for advice... Not a lot different than any other post on this forum. I don't get the sense you were bashing Bennington. You are a previous owner, and your expectations were high, as is true with all of us. You mentioned numerous times that you were understanding of things that went wrong, but you also had quite a laundry list of things that went wrong, and I'd be disappointed if that stuff happened to me. I kinda like stories like yours, because they ALWAYS have a good ending with Bennington. It's easy to look good when things go right, it's what a company does when something goes wrong that separates the good from the bad. Your issues will get resolved, and this will end up being a testament to Bennington standing behind its customers, which is no doubt why your second boat is also a Bennington. Just be glad you're not Jack...

Stick around, if for no other reason than to make fun of me!

Steve

1. I hate to see you leave, but that's your choice.

One thing you will see on this or any forum, or life for that matter, not everyone agrees. I have an issue with your post as much as you have an issue with my response. Am I leaving? Hell no.

And you shouldn't either.

2. I did not mean I had an issue with complaints,

I had an issue about complaints BEFORE ANYONE WAS ALLOWED TO ADDRESS IT.

Big difference.

3. Yes I would expect superb quality from ones you stated, but again, I would give them time to address it before coming on their forum and criticizing them for errors they did not even know existed yet ......

4. Please don't be like others in the past and as soon as your feathers get ruffled, take your ball and leave. Life's too short to get worked up over something as trivial as this. Maybe I've just got some thick skin .... Well I know I got a thick skull ... I'm a Jarhead !!!!! SEMPERFI !!!!

Doesn't the dealer install the Sub ? Mine was installed by the dealer . 

I show up this morning to take official delivery. Supposed to happen yesterday but things ran a bit late on the Sea Legs install and the reinstall of the under decking shield.

Start by trying the electric Bimini. Worked great and then onto the wet sounds stereo. Turned it on and I thought I wasted the money on the upgrade. I remembered someone on here saying the sub levels needed adjusting. I told the mechanic and he decided to unscrew the sub and slide it out to adjust it. He was able to remove the 2 stripped out screws holding the sub to the deck. Looked like there are holes for 6 screws. He slides it out and the sub is crack ontop in the front and back where they screwed the amp to the top of the sub. There was another crack on the side.

This is absolutely unacceptable and Bennington should be ashamed of themselves. Now I am wondering what else on this boat is done half assed.

This is my second Bennington. 3 months ago I wouldn't even consider another manufacturer now I don't know if I should consider Bennington.

I want to love this boat but am having a hard time after this.

On a side note can you trailer with the cover that comes with the boat?

Thanks all for reading another rant of mine.

Doesn't the dealer install the Sub ? Mine was installed by the dealer . 
I actually thought the same thing, but didn't mention since for me, all my stuff was just sitting in boxes when I picked it up, because that was what I wanted.

Back