Gap in Side Door

rnusr01

Reaction score
Hi All,

I was wondering if its me or does this look like there is a large gap in the spacing from the door to the railing? If you look in my gallery under the 2550RBR there is a pic there. Any thoughts?

Thanks

I just looked at my new q series and it has a big gap in front also

mine is a little straighter then yours but it is a hindge so not sure how you could correct it

Does look excessive.  Maybe put shims behind the hinges to correct.

The offset looks normal (mine is 1/4" on the hinge side and 1/2" on the other) but the gaps on yours aren't parallel which make it more noticeable. I agreee that drilling out the rivets and installing a shim behind the piano hinge would help. It's not going to align the gaps but it will get it to the point where only you see it.

Its not you .

The gap appears that  is narrower on the lower left ,widest on the upper right .The horizontal rail on the gate doesn't quite line up with the fixed panel on the right .

You should let your dealer correct it .

Thanks. Yes it is bothering me. You spend a lot of $$$$$ on these boats and that shouldn't happen.

Thanks

I could have bought another crest

Have you notified your dealer ?

Last year when I  took delivery of my SLX  ,I received an inspect document from the factory checking specified items and who checked it .

Don't know if the are still doing it. New RCW is still waiting at the dealer .

I have contacted both the dealer and Bennington I also sent a picture to Bennington so they could view what I'm talking about

Can anyone else verify the gaps in the door for me I spoke to the dealer he stated that all boats that he has in show room have that same type of gap.

I would not call it a gap. I would say the door is bent, and at the bottom it is flush with the rail, and at the top it is bent in about 1/2". Once he sees the photo he should know what you're talking about and correct it. (If it were me I'd try and bend it back, as it appears to be twisted, but that's just me..."twisted")

I'm curious to know if you've measured across the opening for the gate at the top and bottom of the fence. it could just be the angle of the picture but it looks like the vertical edge of the fence on the right isn't plumb. It wouldn't surprise me if the opening for the gate is a half-inch wider at the top than the bottom.

I will be going up to look at the boat again tomorrow and will measure top and bottom openings to check if its square and also the door. I am being told by the dealer that even the other boats in his showroom are all like that.

That looks like crap.

I agree. Does anyone else have this issue? Have you ever really looked?

Yes, I've seen this on numerous other toons, including mine. I think it's caused by the way they bend the rail to create the vertical leg into the horizontal leg. It's probably very hard to get every single bend absolutely perfect. I'm the only one so far that noticed it or at least everyone else that's ridden on our toon has kept quiet, which is best for them, or they can swim back. Not a big enough concern for me to dwell on it. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I've seen this on numerous other toons, including mine. I think it's caused by the way they bend the rail to create the vertical leg into the horizontal leg. It's probably very hard to get every single bend absolutely perfect. I'm the only one so far that noticed it or at least everyone else that's ridden on our toon has kept quiet, which is best for them, or they can swim back. Not a big enough concern for me to dwell on it. Just my 2 cents.
Yep, I will look at mine tomorrow.  Of course, I am retired and only shave every other day.

Thanks semperfie8387. Just bugs me at how much this boat costs and its like that. Well I will be at dealer tomorrow to discuss. As stated earlier he says every boat in showroom is like that.

...... Well I will be at dealer tomorrow to discuss. As stated earlier he says every boat in showroom is like that.
Still does not mean the large gap is correct.

Back