Gap in Side Door

I think the only issue would be, if the gates were not straight. There needs to be some gap, otherwise the gates would stick.
But I can stick my finger through it.

I have the same problem on my front gate have to talk to the dealer.

What is happening in Elkhart ?

All the "bad gates " 

I stopped by my dealer today ,he just had one come in with wrong furniture 

Diamond pillow top Java was ordered ,it came in with standard Ivory .

The couple didn't want it, now they have to wait again .

Should I take a square & level to my walk through :lol:

Jack I don't think you have to go to that extreme but I would just go walk around and make sure that the gaps are pretty straight. :wacko:

What is happening in Elkhart ?

All the "bad gates "

I stopped by my dealer today ,he just had one come in with wrong furniture

Diamond pillow top Java was ordered ,it came in with standard Ivory .

The couple didn't want it, now they have to wait again .

Should I take a square & level to my walk through :lol:
Just remember, the "Dealer" might have placed the order wrong. Do you think they will admit it to the customer. Easier to blame Bennington. Without all the true facts, we should refrain from placing blame.......

As for the gates, I'm thinking some are out of kilter, but I also think with prodding, we can make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Dealer pulled the order ,and Bennington admitted the mistake .

I used the laughing smiley face next to the square & level comment  :lol: .I was/am joking about that 

They do have a Great Deal on the price though.

I think he said it is a Black 25 RCL  twin Elliptical's with a 150  Yahama

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya well the funny thing is I did just that. LOL. So I am a bit of a perfectionist......

Just remember, the "Dealer" might have placed the order wrong. Do you think they will admit it to the customer. Easier to blame Bennington. Without all the true facts, we should refrain from placing blame.......
Suppose dealer could screw up the order.  However, in my case I used the Bennington online order configurator, sent it to the dealer, and took a copy with me when negogiating the deal.  After all questions/answers and order was complete, I got copy of final order.  With this order process I doubt very much if the dealer could have screwed up.  My boat came in exactly as ordered with one exception.  It had standard vinyl on rear ext deck instead of the teak vinyl as ordered.  Not a huge deal so I took the boat with money back for the missing teak vinyl.   

I think the gap on the door is put there on purpose to keep from ripping your fingers off. They also put two blocks on the vertical rails to keep your fingers from sliding down between the door and the side rail.

So the gap might be the result of a safety feature. I will have to take a closer look at mine, I know the gap is larger on the. Opening side.

The gaps are normal and have to be offset to the hinge side for the gate to open. What I notice with the op's gate is the gaps aren't parallel, it looks like the gaps are wider at the top than the bottom. 

It's not an apples to apples comparison, but look at the gate on my '04 S model. It has the normal offset towards the hinge and everything is parallel on the sides and bottom. 

gallery_5552_558_383168.jpg

Your Gap looks excessive 

Hope dealer can correct for you 

Good Luck

I will have to look at mine once it gets here

My front gate looks like that Pittsburgh. Going have to check the side gate today to see if it's any better.

The gaps are normal and have to be offset to the hinge side for the gate to open. What I notice with the op's gate is the gaps aren't parallel, it looks like the gaps are wider at the top than the bottom. 

It's not an apples to apples comparison, but look at the gate on my '04 S model. It has the normal offset towards the hinge and everything is parallel on the sides and bottom. 

This gate looks fine.  The issue as I see it, is the gap being the same width at the top and bottom.    There needs to be a gap whether it is 1/16" or 3/4" really shouldn't matter. 

Back