Got my boat!

skipperbill

Reaction score
Beautiful! I'll post some pics when I get back to my pc. Couple of slightly annoying issues. I have it documented in emails that I asked about a speedometer. The dealer said it was "standard" with the ESP package. NO speedometer...only trim, fuel and tachometer gauges. The fish finder is only the Garmin 100 so it doesn't either. Baffling. I have a sports tritoon with no speedometer. Also baffling and irritating is the fact that not only do I not have the stainless steel ski pylon that is documented on my order form, there is not even a HOLE for it. Seriously? How does an ESP not have a ski pylon?? I missed that detail on the walk-through. Lastly, I asked the dealer if I could fill my 56 gallon tank with their gas (I offered to pay for it) or I could stop with the driver and fill it up. He said "it's full...we send all our boats out with a full tank, even the big tanks." "Great, thanks so much" I said. Tank is 1/8 full. Wth?! It's not even the $300+ worth of gas that concerns me. It's dragging the equivalent of 10+ five gallon cans of gas down to my boat that I'm thinking about (I don't have or plan to buy a trailer). So, obviously the boat's gonna have to go back for the ski pylon and hopefully they'll fill it up with gas. I know my dealer is pretty first-rate but this is annoying. I don't look forward to the phone call I have to make on Mon. Luckily, the weather here is crappy and we won't be wanting to do any waterspouts for awhile. I just hope they make this a priority. Lesson learned from my first build...not to overlook ANYTHING! Aside from that, the boat is a dream come true!

Watersports that is! Damn autocorrect! We will be making some waterspouts too though! Ha!

Congrats Skipperbill! Everything will be fixed, you'll get your full tank and you'll be able to laugh about this one day! Got pics?

Congrats!

Congrats and welcome to the Bennington family !! What model do you have ?? They are all minor issues in the big picture and can be fixed. I thought all the Bennis had a speedo ?? Hmmm learn something new again .... Can't wait to see pics !!

Hmm, just had to go back and look at my 09 2075GLi, it didn't have a speedo either. Weird, I thought it did, and I definitely thought they all did now. Luckily any smartphone nowadays will tell you through GPS. Or, when someone inevitably asks you "How fast we going?" you can always respond "SUPER FAST! " or say "must be fast, these gauges can't even READ IT!!" in the long run, you could do an upgrade to the GPS and be fine, that's the only place I look for speed anyway since it's accurate. Unless you have it tied into the speedo. I understand that isn't the point. You asked the question and got the answer, and now the answer is false. Give the dealer the chance to make good on it, hopefully they are a standup operation.

Congrats and welcome to the Bennington family !! What model do you have ?? They are all minor issues in the big picture and can be fixed. I thought all the Bennis had a speedo ?? Hmmm learn something new again .... Can't wait to see pics !!
That was one of the questions I asked my dealer about last week . No speedo on mine either .

I have a portable Garmin I will use, it is accurate in the car . Still debating on that lake chip for it .

Congrats on the new toon !

skipperbill, I think the Garmin 100 is an embarrassment for such a fine machine. Upgrade to the 431 or 531 and you will not only be happy with the Garmin you will also have your speedometer

Last edited by a moderator:
I had never looked at the G in the boat builder, but I couldn't believe the speedo was not standard either. I had to look it up and just saw "GPS speedometer" which one might assume was an upgrade over a pitot version. The spec sheet is correct, though, and doesn't mention a speedo at all. As Link said, a GPS will take care of that though it's a little annoying to have to do it.

I have a really good dealer and had the same experience on the gas fill, about 20 gallons were in my 55g tank. They put up with me during the order process for months and did so many other things right I decided not to press it. Unfortunately our local gas dock still isn't in and I don't have a proper vehicle to be hauling full gas cans around.

Once those issues finally pass, you'll be enjoying a great boat!

It's a 2275 GCW with ESP and 200 HP Etec HO. It's in my signature but I realize the sig doesn't show up on smartphones or tablets. Yeah, I had a hard time sleeping, thinking about these small issues...mainly just the hassle and delay this might involve. I'll post some pics when I get back to the home front. I took some with my iPhone and may try to figure how to do that but it would be much easier with a PC.

skipperbill, I think the Garmin 100 is an embarrassment for such a fine machine. Upgrade to the 431 or 531 and you will not only be happy with the Garmin you will also have your speedometer
I agree. The 100 is a little basic. Had I only upgraded like I considered, the speedo prob would be solved. I may negotiate that into the fix.

What Guage package do you have with that etec Ho? Did they put smart gauges in and you have to cycle them through to get to the speedo? Do you only have 1 large hole gauge and the others are small? Post a pic of the dash for us.

Good luck with the dealer. It will all work out for ya.

Todd

What Guage package do you have with that etec Ho? Did they put smart gauges in and you have to cycle them through to get to the speedo? Do you only have 1 large hole gauge and the others are small? Post a pic of the dash for us.

Good luck with the dealer. It will all work out for ya.

Todd
Shoot, I'm already back home. It's 3 equal sized gauges. Fuel, tachometer and trim gauge. I didn't see a button anywhere to scroll through. I do know the tachometer gauge just says RPM in bold print and no digital reading, just dial. Good news is I decided to call my salesman's cell phone on a Sunday and Mother's Day...shame on me but I couldn't stop dwelling on these issues. He assures me this is all either his or Bennington's error. Long story short, he's going to pick up the boat this week and have it back next weekend with everything fixed (well, maybe not the speedometer problem right now. He was confused by this too because he was also told it was standard by the rep at Bennington he thinks. So it's gonna take a little looking into to see how to fix this). So, I will have: a ski pylon/mount, a fifth playpen support pole (I need 5 and they only gave me 4) and a full tank of gas and maybe the speedometer issue resolved. Whew!

That flooring looks great!! Quite a nice chunk of motor ya got there to putt around with too!! Well done, and well done to your salesperson for doing the right thing!

I love that teak deck!

I have a 2010 2075 gli with ESP and mine didn't come with a speedo either. It is optional. I added a navigation system and use that as a speedo. You are gonna love your boat:) it looks awsome. You can keep the depth/fish finder and add a non depth finder GPS, that's what I did and it works great. My nav is set high so I can see it standing.

I have a 2010 2075 gli with ESP and mine didn't come with a speedo either. It is optional. I added a navigation system and use that as a speedo. You are gonna love your boat:) it looks awsome. You can keep the depth/fish finder and add a non depth finder GPS, that's what I did and it works great. My nav is set high so I can see it standing.
What do use for a GPS ?

I have a Garmin Nuvi I was going to try ,if that works I am debating on getting the " Lake Chip " for it .

Thanks

Agree with Kaydano, love the teak

Back