Grandkids = Goodbye Cobalt, Hello Bennington

Toon'r

Reaction score
The kids have finally forced my hand. After lots of years of ski boats and runabouts, I've decided that diaper bags will be better served on a pontoon. As I look back its been a family tradition that has ingrained a love of being on the water, no matter what floats you.

But, thanks to Bennigton, I can still feel the "need for speed" and I'm looking forward to function over form.

Spent alot of time kicking toons, lifting seats and reading forums and  Bennington has floated to the top and its on the way.

It's a 2014 2375 RCW backed by the Yamaha 250 SHO which of course requires the ESP Package.

Will be spending time on Missouri's Tablerock lake and looking forward to hooking up with some other tooner's who were smart enough to buy the best.

I'm sure some of my runabout buddies wife's will be eyeing those rear facing loungers.

Excited to be part of the Benningotn Family

Welcome to the family and remember ....... PICS !!!!

Sounds like a sweet setup !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on the boat and welcome. And we love pictures here so post em up as soon as you can!!!

Your saga is very much like mine and some others here.  Hope you enjoy your nice new pontoon boat as much as we enjoy ours. 

welcome to the family toon'r you will enjoy the versatility of your benny.Hope you have a great thanksgiving.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I KNOW you will enjoy the new ride!! I have basically the same thing! Haha. I am still impressed everyone I crank the wheel at 30mph and she digs in and carves one heck of a turn. I still remember the FIRST time I did that and how big my wife and my smiles got!!! Welcome aboard!!

Congrats Toon'r! Did you take delivery already or is it on order for the spring??????

I just love to see the faces of Inboard Outboard boat users when I pass them.

They remember when pontoons came in pairs, and the toons used to be made out of old oil barrels welded together.

I'm looking forward to those looks as well. Come on spring for all of us!!

And there it is! Thanks for the response and warm welcomes. It's more than just the boat. Looking forward to the experience. Happy Thanksgiving to all. My son, senior at West Point, is flying in Thanksgiving day for a very short visit but thankful for the time With him no matter how short.

Congrats and welcome

Congrats and welcome to the party. You'll love the experience and thanks to your son.

Another 250 SHO! Welcome aboard! You'll love it!

Awesome!  I'm a newbie as well but this site has been a wealth of great info.  Welcome from one newbie to another!

John

Wow!  The new boats all are packed with tons of power, enjoy

While not 100% effective, maximizing power may be the best vaccine for PADS... It has worked for me so far.

Welcome and congrats on the new boat!  I am sure you will love it - I went form a Sea Ray to Bennington and have loved every minute on it.  I hope to see you on Table Rock next summer.

Jack

Con grates, I searched for seven years and came upon mine at this years boat show in Dallas. Couldn't be happier the rear facing loungers we're the selling point for my wife. Have two grandchildren and this will be the first time since my kids were born that I bought another boat. Great boating

2013 2574 GCW 200 SHO ESP package with LED lighting package

Dallas Tx,

Boat landed at dealer. Cut the shrink wrap at the zipper and crawled inside. Looks awesome and excited to see it unwrapped and prepped. With this weekend in the 50's, its gonna be hard to stay patient.

Back