Handle on L Seating console?

Hmm... I've fallen and I can't get up. Actually looks more like an ankle buster!

Our 21slx has a similar handle. I was told it is an additional hold point for the passenger sitting in that position while in rough water.

Brian

When I enter a turn hot I'll have to remember it is there so I can hold on from the helm!

It is a grab handle for a seated passenger. 

It's a dual umbrella holder.

It's for wrapping your T-shirt around so it doesn't blow out of the boat.

Actually, this has been an S model mystery for many years. I bought our boat 5 years ago and it has one...

Is there a pull out secret compartment there?!?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha! Thanks Mark!

You're welcome Harry

Makes the boat go faster,,,jus saying

I thought someone once said it was to aid in installation of the couch at the factory. 

I'll have to look tomorrow, but it is possible that is one very large piece of furniture. Can't remember if it's two back to back seats in one molding, or if they are two separate seat bases...

Last edited by a moderator:
Gotta be an "Oh sh!t" handle. Hopefully never needed, but nice to have..... just in case.

Oops. Looks like in the pic above they are separate. Back to being a mystery since that seat might be the lightest one on the boat. 

By the way, my handle is mounted lower by several inches making it too low for a rough water handle.

I've wondered what that handle was for, too. But after thinking about it, if you notice, there's no hinge on that seat cushion, so it seems vulnerable rising out of the boat on onto the highway if traveling at 65 - 75 MPH. So, I thought I'd use it to put a strap to and go across the seat to hold it in at highway speeds while trailering. I might be totally off base, but I sure can figure out what it would be for. An "oh sht" handle? I don't think so since it can't be that sturdy, just attached to another flimsy plastic storage compartment.  

We've got a 22 SSLX and found that the space between the captain's chair and the bench was a little too narrow.  Two bolt hold the handle on, and it came off in about 2 minutes.  No big deal, and it will never be missed!

I used it as I stated on our 9 our tow to the mountains. Held the seat very securely. 

Back