Help???... New 2015 2075GL top speed 20mph

Boat dealer also sells Obrien skis, tubes etc. he told me about these vortex skis specific for slower or pontoon boats. I assume it would take a really good skier to get up. That is not me, hahaha.
Yes, that's the unfortunate part. Those I referenced were VERY experienced 20 somethings. They wake board, knee board, combo's, etc. with ease because they've done it a LOT. Many people with pontoons are on their first boat, thus first time skiers, first time pulling a skier as a driver, and on and on. It gets very frustrating and completely ruins the experience. I taught many of my daughters friends and guests to ski behind our Malibu w/340+ hp direct drive. That's as good as it gets, especially with a boom on the pylon where you can talk them through it and no wake to deal with.

Any skis with a wide bottom will help, and the more surface area the better. You may be better off trying a wakeboard as it's large and flat and takes very little power to get someone up and going, about 15mph under way. They are relatively easy to learn, just start very slow!! Most of our young guests have been up after 3 to 5 tries.

Very good info, hopefully I can find some one who has a wake board to try. Those things are expensive!!!

I think the problem is you're not running lifting strakes.  Most guys running a 2275 or 2375 with a 150hp are running mid to upper 30's with strakes.  You probably should have added strakes since you are running 115hp.  That should and would put in you in the low 30's with a 20 footer.  Strakes make a HUGE difference in the ability to get up on plane and get those tubes out of the water.  There are a few folks on here who have added the 3rd toon and have had great results.

Todd

I have a 2275RL with a 115.  I was at 26mph until I added the express toon pack that has strakes and underskinning, have hit 31mph with it.  As I said in previous post if I was buying a new boat I would not consider the express toon, I would only consider SPS or ESP but for those looking to add to an existing boat the express toon package is a great option

Nice Fordie, you are now inducted to a very special group within this forum

Man oh man, the PADS is running rampant lately!

Congrats!

Always make sure your boat is rated for the HP you have on it. Most Insurance will not pay if the motor is overrated in the event of an accident.

The new boat is rated up to 300 HP.  I slummed it with the 200, haha.  

Goldnrod, I know I'm going to regret asking this, PADS?  

Has anyone had experience with the build process, I was in queue from mid March, build date is set for 4/21.  Does anyone know delivery time from the start of the actual build?

Goldnrod, I know I'm going to regret asking this, PADS?  

A member here named Derrick (http://club.benningtonmarine.com/index.php?/profile/696-bulldogscadillac/&wr=eyJhcHAiOiJmb3J1bXMiLCJtb2R1bGUiOiJmb3J1bXMtY29tbWVudCIsImlkXzEiOjYwODAsImlkXzIiOjgwMjk3fQ%3D%3D)went through 3 boats in as many seasons getting exactly what he wanted. Ergo, PADS = Pulling A Derrick Syndrome.

Another acceptable meaning is Pontoon Acquisition Dysfunction Syndrome.

Both can be mitigated by buying your last pontoon first, but what fun is that? I'm a sufferer and have tried to get to the meetings, but frankly, no one goes. They mostly just order new boats.

You have been warned.

Last edited by a moderator:
 Does anyone know delivery time from the start of the actual build?

The 2 biggest variables are how far your dealer is from Elkhart, Indiana and the final destinations of the other 4 boats on the trailer. If the driver has to make 5 stops at 5 different locations, it will take longer if your dealer is the last stop.

A good guess is 7-14 days, depending on the above. YMMV.

Yep I got PADS, mid summer last year.  That is hilarious, hoping I found the boat I want this time.  We didn't go crazy since it was our first boat and wanted to make sure we used it.  We had the best summer ever!!!!

I am in upstate NY.  That would be great, water is too cold now anyway.  My dealer told me they have room for one more on their load that's coming.  Can't wait.

Thanks fellas

Back