How is your dealers' service dept?

It is still a current "topic" if you will. My dealer wants me to wait until spring before they even take look at my boat to figure out where the hydraulic steering fluid is leaking from on my carpet.....even though I sent them a picture months ago. Yeah, thay aint gonna happen. I wish Bennington would work directly with the owner so they can do the repairs or have service only departments. That way these shops work to solve your problems, not just get your name signed on a check. I'm a little fired up as I have been going through this behind the scenes recently.  

I was just teasing ... It's funny when you read back through an old thread like this and see what's written .... :) pretty interesting.

Sorry to hear that Andy.  One of the marinas I do business with, the owner goes to Florida from Nov to Feb.  I know I would be hot as well but I have a feeling that they will take care of it in the Spring for you

My dealer only sells Benningtons and Carolina Skiffs, so they're not a full line boat dealership.  He sells mostly Yamahas, but also has Mercury and Suzuki as secondary brands of engines. 

My boat's 2 1/2 years old, and I do my own oil and lower unit changes yearly.  Since my boat's never needed any warranty repairs, I have no idea how good the dealer's service department is.

The Yamaha F150 outboard is about as bulletproof as an outboard can be.

I'm hoping my 200 proves to be the same. It is based off the 150 so I would think so.

Update: Dealer is coming out tomorrow to do all the warranty items. Looks like all I'll need now is some warmer weather.

Steering pump , carpet ?

That is a cool pix Lakeliving.  By taking the fences off I would have to believe that they are replacing the entire carpet

That is a cool pix Lakeliving.  By taking the fences off I would have to believe that they are replacing the entire carpet
I think he had a bad panel ?

Just a panel and bow gate today and looking at the steering. The new panel has a wave in it too but not as bad. I'll deal with carpet replacement later in the warranty period. The ripple won't come out. Not sure how the cleaning will do. They also don't have the raised chrome logos for the bow gate.....

Glad they are taking care of this now instead of during boating season!

Look at all the wasted storage space under the seats.  You could fit an anchor in one of those compartments.  Ropes in another.  Maybe cram a small life jacket in one.  Link could hide 12 packs all over in there...  A better seat base design might open up a lot of extra storage space...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought the same thing Kaydano but didn't say it.  There must be some reason such as structure that the storage space is not larger

Support ?

Thought the same thing Kaydano but didn't say it.  There must be some reason such as structure that the storage space is not larger

No question it's for support. I can think of at least one way to still have support while opening up a lot of space. This is a place improvements could be made.

It was not a success yesterday. I'll post the outcome when I get some time. Storage space under the seats is the least of my worries!

It was not a success yesterday. I'll post the outcome when I get some time. Storage space under the seats is the least of my worries!

uh oh ....... that does not sound good .......  :(

Here is a sampler. This was after the 3rd try and after drilling the new panel and door to swiss cheese status. They said this is the best they could do...

F0E51877-DDD6-4154-9D30-75CF742A6AF6_zps6dqjsp85.jpg

Here is the gap at the top along with the finger pinch guards and how my finger goes right in there.

4FBC4269-511C-471B-B421-B9CE928A6704_zpsnffvsoag.jpg

And lets not forget how the fence was installed on such an angle so the door is not straight and flush.

79E6AA95-A27A-44B8-990D-37536B82BECE_zpsqycpwvit.jpg

That does not look good at all .Now what ?

Don't know yet. At least I can safely steer it now but it looks like crap. I'll be following up with Bennington at some point.

Back