How Much Speed & Performance Would Express Performance Package Add To 2015 2275 GCW Build?

Nick, pay attention. He's trying to decide between the Seven Marine 557 or the Merc 400.

Nick, pay attention. He's trying to decide between the Seven Marine 557 or the Merc 400.
Or perhaps the new Seven Marine 627 announced HERE. I'd take a 400R in a heartbeat though.

au contraire !

Stick a fork in me I'm done.

Last edited by a moderator:
SPS wasn't an option when we bought our 2012. I would likely have taken the step to the SPS though due to better turning, and I don't care much for the spray off the center toon. Gets every inch of the motor wet, which causes spots that are tough to get off. Maybe SPS does this too, but I think it's due to the shorter center tube. Andy would know...
No spray on the motor with SPS.

None with ESP either. I had it bad at certain speeds with twin 25's so I think the motor pod could be the culprit.

Makes me want to bolt a couple deflectors off the rear deck.

I have spray on mine.

I get a little spray on mine and definitely some water spots, but with the twin 25's on my last boat there were certain speeds where entire waves of water would kick straight up and just dump back down onto the motor. Like TONS of water, not just spray. I wouldn't even drive at that speed because it was so much water hitting the engine. Is that what you have going on, kaydano?

I have spray on mine.
But you do have a 20" shaft engine sitting lower in the water, so it's a bit worse than normal (25").

I thought the transom was modified to compensate?

I get a little spray on mine and definitely some water spots, but with the twin 25's on my last boat there were certain speeds where entire waves of water would kick straight up and just dump back down onto the motor. Like TONS of water, not just spray. I wouldn't even drive at that speed because it was so much water hitting the engine. Is that what you have going on, kaydano?
I wouldn't describe it being as bad as yours. There is a wave that shoots pretty much straight up on both sides of the motor, but what actually comes down on the motor is more like a really heavy rainstorm. Not enough that I'd not drive a certain speed though. That must have been a PITA.I've seriously considered bolting pieces of aluminum to the pod to deflect it, but probably not worth the hassle.

I would definitely get SPS if I could do a do over. Especially after recently learning it included hydraulic steering as part of the upgrade price.

Back