How Much Speed & Performance Would Express Performance Package Add To 2015 2275 GCW Build?

Yep.

Then I'd trade in the 115, but don't get me started.

SPS & 150 is what I would have done if no restrictions on my dock concerning length.  Even after market I would have done the SPS except that would have added 5" to the overall length of the boat thus making me 3" over the maximum

Having had both configurations. I'd do SPS again in an instant. It is like night and day. I know ESP is even better but for us SPS gives us everything we need and I have the fastest toon on our lake. Granted speed is not the only perk of this setup. The boat gets on plane quick, rides great and can handle the weight of additional passangers and still handle the way it should. I can still bank in corners with a loaded boat. I'd go with the express package over two toons any day. Or you could always add it later at more cost like some have done here.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uR-1yh3MYjI

I have the Express Tubes and they run exactly the same top speed as the SPS.  And they're substantially cheaper.  The key to efficiency and speed is having strakes that'll get your nosecones out of the water to turn the boat into a planing hull--rather than having a boat plowing through the water.

All in all, Express Tubes do a great job for the budget concerned buyer. 
We'll need to agree to disagree.  I've been on more than my share of each.  Every time I get off an EPP boat, I draw the same conclusion. I don't like em. I'm not sure which is worse.......the EPP pkg or a Waterglide.   I'd buy twin ellipticals or the SPS.

Last edited by a moderator:
We'll need to agree to disagree.  I've been on more than my share of each.  Every time I get off an EPP boat, I draw the same conclusion. I don't like em. I'm not sure which is worse.......the EPP pkg or a Waterglide.   I'd buy twin ellipticals or the SPS.
Ben, Can you please be more specific. What exactly is it that you don't you care for with the EPP package?

Also, I'm getting my 2275 GCW with 25" tubes and  a Yamaha F115 and understand now that I probably won't get a speed increase by adding the EPP. We won't be pulling skiers or tubers and occasionally will have up to 8 adults on the boat. Prolonged high speed cruising is not what we do much, it's mostly slow cruising. So based on these factors I'm trying to decide if adding the EPP makes sense to me. 

My dealer is not a fan of the EPP & F115 package citing excessive bow lift with this combination .

Thank you.

I don't like the way they sit in the water. Less buoyant at the rear so they tend to squat. They ride with a bow high attitude. I don't like the spray around the engine. I don't like the rough water ride at speed. I can feel the waves breaking off the rear of the short center tube. They cavitate more in the turns. I'm sure I'm forgetting a few. All of these issues are caused by the short center tube. I don't like em period. We call the ETT the poor man's tritoon around here. My opinion may upset some folks. If they like their ETT......great for them. Others that have / had the ETT are encouraging you to buy the SPS. There's a reason for that. A new boat is a huge investment. Don't skimp out for a few grand.

Would going to the SPS package on a 2275 GCW with a Yamaha F115 be a good move or not make sense. I know the F150 is better, I'm trying to stick with the F115.

Does the SPS package require that I add anything else for it to function properly?

There is quite a bit that comes with the SPS package. 32 gallon fuel tank in the center toon, hydraulic steering, wave shield, solid round keels on all three toons, performance foils on the insides of the outer toons and probably some more. It is essentially ESP with out the eliptical center and a 25" instead. Worth the money on a 150 for sure. With a 115.....maybe not, but you would already have the hull that can handle the power if you choose to upgrade the power after a couple years like Kaydano did. Sounds like you are going to pull your hair out with the choices. I'd water test the different configurations and then buy. Once we felt the SPS on the water with the 200 we put our two toon 115 boat up for sale the next day. The difference is crazy. Again, we tube, ski etc. so we needed more of a sports toon and bought the wrong one for us out of the gate. Super happy now and enjoy making the larger payment.

I forgot that hydraulic steering came with the SPS package. Does that put the upgrade from EPP at around $1k?

OP, you really should test boats on the water. That seems to be the only way you'll be sure.

Agree with TomS if possible. The horsepower craze is one thing but matching the handling know to future potential use will save on PADS.

OP, you really should test boats on the water. That seems to be the only way you'll be sure.
Not going to be able to test drive because my build is 2 weeks away so I will have to make an informed decision. At the moment I'm considering SPS with a Yamaha F!50......Arrrgghhh........

Not going to be able to test drive because my build is 2 weeks away so I will have to make an informed decision. At the moment I'm considering SPS with a Yamaha F!50......Arrrgghhh........
So there you have your answer. SPS/150 is the BEST choice!

I agree. You won't regret it. It sucks spending the money I know but it is night and day difference. And think resale.

So there you have your answer. SPS/150 is the BEST choice!
Now all I have to do is rationalize the $$$. As far as I can tell it's around a $7500 up charge on a standard 2275 GCW with a F115 and two stock 25" pontoons.

I totally agree on the SPS / 150 hp combo.  My brother has a Yamaha F115 on his tritoon.  We added the 3rd tube (full length with strakes) to his 2 tuber ( no strakes on outer tubes).  The boat went from 28 mph to 33 mph after the conversion.  I have the same boat with the fully straked SPS package and a 150.  My boat is a solid 10+ mph faster.  Add a few passengers and he can lose as much as 10 mph.  My boat may lose 2-3 mph comparatively.  The 150 has much more torque than the 115.  The 150 is the biggest bang for the buck that you'll buy as far as performance and economy is concerned.  My brother would love to update to a 150-200 hp engine, but it would cost an additional $8-10K to swap engines now.  As many will tell you, there is no cheaper time to buy more hp than when buying new.

One other note is that the F115 crankshaft is not counterbalanced.  The F150 / + engines are all counterbalanced, which translates into a much smoother running engine.  Oddly enough, the larger F engines are also quieter than the F115.

You won't regret the decision to buy the SPS / 150 hp.  You are certain to be happy with that combination :)

Thanks to everyone for all the great information, it's been a journey!

I can't compare but we did get the SPS with a 150 HP out the gate and couldn't ask for anything more. If you go with the SPS, consider the floor storage, I was amazed at how much room was down there.

Back