I'd like you to meet...

lakeliving

Reaction score
Austin aka mini lakeliving.

We received this little bundle of joy Tuesday night at 11:55. 7 lbs 9 ounces. 21". Brought him home this afternoon and we are all exhausted.

1772320F-CFDE-467A-9DB4-774F6A2A0AD2_zpsw8s9cgeg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
He's very alert! Cute too. Everyone needs a first mate to swab the decks. Congrats to you all.

Congrats to you both! Now the fun really begins ;-)

Awesome news, congrats!!

Congrats to Momma, you already had your 3 minutes of fame 9 months ago.   :p   And............you're not tired yet, you can still type.  Congrats.

Congrats!!!

If I could rewind time back to those days, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Start practicing the art of distraction. It will serve you well when he's a year old until about 4. When he's doing something he shouldn't, instead of saying no and starting a battle of wills, just say no (to teach whatever he was doing was wrong) and then distract him with something he'd rather have more, or do more. Only give him your cell phone in emergency distraction situations. Believe me, you want to keep that ace in the hole until you really need it. Don't let him play with it very often or it won't work when you need it.

From 4 thru about 8, the phrase "you'll get bonus points if you...." will allow you to get him to do almost anything. You just have to make it sound like bonus points are something he wants to have. I could get my two kids to fight over who got to clean the cat litter when there were bonus points at stake. It worked until my daughter was about 8 years old and she asked "what do we get with all the bonus points we have?" and it all came crashing down like Jack's boat. It worked great while it worked though.

I'm still trying to figure out the tricks for the teen years. I'll let you know if I ever figure that one out!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still trying to figure out the tricks for the teen years. I'll let you know if I ever figure that one out!
Driving privileges (or lack thereof) help. Worked better for my daughter than my son.... go figure.

Regardless, the teen years at my house were the hardest 50 years of my life. ;-)

Congrats!

Stick with the new age parenting. Keep changing the WiFi password.

Congratulations to you and your wife!!!!

"You're going to need a bigger boat!" A heartfelt congratulations to you and your family.............

Congrats guys!!

Congrats Andy

Thanks for all the love guys! I don't have enough likes for all the comments. It is amazing how much he has changed already. I can tell time is going to fly by. He and mom are doing great. Suddenly the boat sitting on the lift isn't a priority! Now we'll see how long until he is on it!

Congratulations Lakeliving, Austin is going to have a great childhood growing up 'lakeliving style". 

Congrats Lake and family.  Cigars for everyone!!

Back