I'm baaaack :)

Padre

Reaction score
Well, it's been a loooong 5 months or so, but I made it back.  Whew.  Now I need to catch up on all the discussions and see what you've all been doing without me! :)

Welcome back Padre!! As for new, we have some new members with some pretty heavy hitter boats in our midst. Some good contributors to the forum, and it's still status quo to pick on me and my addictions.

Derrick, have I ever picked on you?  Oops, don't answer that!  But since I am an 'honorary Canadian' from another forum, we northerners need to stick together.  Glad to see you are well and healthy and happy.  How is your new toon?

It's been great when we have gotten to use it. Only 15 hours on it so far, stereo is good, trying to figure out a way to afford some more to add to it. We'll see. Hoping for a summer that is the opposite of last year. Always seemed to be gorgeous throughout the week and lousy or windy on the weekend!! 

Welcome back! Good luck catching up. There are so many posts anymore, I can barely keep up.

I'll try to catch you up...

Derrick bought a new boat. No surprise there. He's infected about a dozen people with PADS now. They formed a rehab club.

Gee left in a tizzy but we have a new guy with awesome photos.

Carl still goes on cruises every other week.

Semper's the "go to" guy if you want to know something. He'll either know it off hand or go find out for you.

Andy and Jared are still cracking us up.

Daril and PDX are still around and are the forum's resident police and firefighter heros.

Todd stops by now and then. I always think of him when I see my Enertia prop.

Link gave up beer for Lent (just to know that he can, and I'm impressed) and he's getting purtier by the minute. You can see his picture here (sorry Link, I had to): http://club.benningtonmarine.com/index.php?/topic/3168-summer-memories-please-post-your-pics/

My apologies if I missed some of you, wife's yelling for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome back Padre, good to hear all is well. And we don't go every other week ( wish I could afford that). We now have the kids moving in with us (temporary). Should be interesting in our small home.

Welcome back Padre!  I agree with Kaydano on catching up with unread posts.  If I miss a weekend it is overwhelming on a Monday

Welcome back "Chip" !!!

The better question is.......What have YOU been doing for the last 5 months, Padre?!?!?!?

Welcome back!

Welcome back Padre!  We should plan to get our boats out together this summer.

What happened with Gee?

Dan: absolutley!

Carl: we had that too, but after 3 months she found an apartment! :)

Semper: really good to hear from you, and thank you!

Derrick's new boat is still new according to him! :)

Since September I have been soooo busy with the church, my family, my wife's health (she's much better now, thank you!), my older lab's health (he's not so much better :(  )  and just life and this darn cold, snow and freezing temperatures.  I am soooooo tired of winter.  We still have over a foot of snow in our yard, and that's unusual for us here in CT.  Sigh.

I am excited about being 'back' and I've missed talking with all of you.  I haven't seen my toon since September when I took it in for it's first year's punch list and to be winterized/wrapped/stored for the winter.  Hopefully May I will see her again, but the way this weather has been, I just don't know.

I got to see PDX on the news on Youtube!  Way to go!!

He posted a question, then didn't like the answers as he had the answer he wanted to hear all along in his head already, then went all Mel Gibson on us. He also wanted this to be a all business no fun forum where you can never crack a joke, veer off topic or pretty much anything other than a robot. Others can chime in so I don't get fired up again!

Yup, he didn't like going off topic.

Yeah, it was all Derrick getting off topic.

;)   Hi Derrick!

I'm just kidding.  Andy is right, Gee wanted to hear something no one would say.  Actually, it was Derrick that did an OUTSTANDING job trying to calm him down and talk him back to the forum, but it just wasn't meant to be.  Hopefully all that negativity was deleted by a moderator.  Bygones.

Amen to that!  Awesome pics!

I'm not 100% sure who this Derrick guy is they keep mentioning, seems like one heck of a guy though. It really was too bad, I hate to see any members leave over silly reasons, or any reasons actually. I for one look forward to seeing how each of the previous members posts will throw me under the bus on a daily basis. Really,  love it. What makes this forum great is the ability to find out information from people literally all over the world, and have a good laugh doing it. If you can't laugh, then ya might as well just read an owners manual and figure out stuff on your own. He did have a great boat and beautiful pictures. Especially since he could fulfill our needs during the winter months. Looking at this forum now, with the new members and their enthusiasm and all the "projects" people are already planning, and implementing, I think we will be fine without the condescending attitude certain people projected. From an S to a Q, we are all equal. Now everyone hold virtual hands and sing Kumbaya! Haha

.....If you can't laugh, then ya might as well just read an owners manual and figure out stuff on your own....
Wow Derrick.  Another piece of literary genius.  Not only is that line a perfect description for this forum, it's a "life lesson" kind of statement that can be applied to just about anything in life. 

Go read his statement again with that in mind.  It should be on some list of famous quotes somewhere.  I'm sure a time will come where I will repeat this one to my kids.  Awesome.  Thanks Derrick.

Back