Introduction and question

Rob2001

Reaction score
Hi all, just put down the deposit on a 2016 SSLDXP triple-toon at the Columbia, SC, boatshow. We are incredibly excited and can't wait for the weather to warm up. Supposed to be about 70degrees next Saturday, so we may brave a little time on local Lake Murray.

Question about saltwater: I know Bennington sells a saltwater package. From what I can tell, though, the only real difference is the saltwater anode package. Is that true, or am I missing something?

The boat will be mainly used on freshwater, but wouldn't mind the capability to use it in some saltwater if possible.

Also includes saltwater logos, not sure if it includes sealed strakes

My guess is solid keels and sealed strakes...

I don't know of a specific "saltwater package". It is certainly not an option in the "build your own" website.

I just ordered my new 2275 GCW and built it for saltwater though....anodes package, sealed strakes, solid keels, coastal nav.

The dealer never suggested such a thing either and all the boats ordered are saltwater ready.

Jim

Just ordered a 2016 myself and live in va on the coast.  Just got the saltwater anode package and the sharkhyde application. 

Our 2016 21 SLX has the "Saltwater" logos. It also has the Anodes, solid keels on the SPS, and sealed lifting strakes. I bought from stock so I do not know if all that was a part of a package, or separate. Our dealer IS ON SALT WATER, so all boats he stocks are equipeed with salt provisions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on the boat! Tell us more about it. What motor and hull?

I am thinking I will hit Lake Greenwood this weekend. Not too far from you.

Congrats on the boat! Tell us more about it. What motor and hull?

I am thinking I will hit Lake Greenwood this weekend. Not too far from you.
It's an SPS hull with a Yamaha 150. We will have similar setups. What kind of speeds are you getting on yours?

I think you'll see 40-41 mph.  I have a 150 Merc, 24SSL with Express hull and can get 41 regularly.  I've seen 42 on the GPS for brief moments.  The SPS is a tad slower (due to being heavier) but will bank some in turns and will have a flatter stance in the water at rest.  A very reasonable tradeoff for the money.

I have an RCW with an SPS and 150. I get 35-38 on the GPS .

The R is heavier and the Arch weighs as much as 2 additional people  .

I have seen 40 on GPS with 3 people on it. I have 6 hours on it. Hoping for more after break in. So far I am extremely happy with it!

Back