Is marina fuel worth the extra cost?

I'm guessing the marina doesn't have to pay the road tax on the gas they buy either. Then they gouge you for the convenience on top of that.

I'm guessing the marina doesn't have to pay the road tax on the gas they buy either. Then they gouge you for the convenience on top of that.
If you keep reciepts for the gas you buy for your boat, you can get a refund of the tax/gallon.

On your tax return?

And you are talking street gas, not marina?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have also been told ( by my marina owner ) that there are environmental fees and additional insurance  that they pass on  .They also told me that they basically don't make any money on selling  the gas ,they do for the convenience of the boaters .

I dont know if I believe the part about not making any money on it .

Last season at the marina 90 octane No Corn was $6.00-$6.50 a gallon .

On the street 90 octane No Corn  was $4.25-$4.75 throughout the season .Regular with corn was $3.60-$4.00 most of the summer  .

My plans this year are to still carry 20 gallons at a time No Corn 

By the way... I think that is the first time I've found something online before Smitty. Jared 1, Smitty 1,000,462. Lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a 43'er...and we were captive to marina fuel. It was what it was. 300 gallon tank...no way to fill with street gas. I vividly remember my first $1,000 fuel stop. That was the beginning of the end for the big cruiser. That's the crowd that has the strong sphincters. From squeezing as the dollars click by.

With that said...up here on the great lakes...fuel stations gave to pay for their investment, taxes, insurance and enviro fees in 5 months. Not a business I would ever choose. Sounds like a slow way to get rich. So I never looked at the operators sour. It was what it was.

Back