Ladder - Got to be a better way to pull out of water

My boat has the telescoping ladder and there is no strap it lifts and locks in place

Interesting, both my 2012 and 2014 telescoping ladders have the strap. Do you have a pic of yours? Here is a pic of the broken ladder strap

Well what the heck!! I can't paste anything on here today!! If you do a search for "Rubber Ladder Latch" you will see a post by Gee

Having a server error when trying to uploads pics, been happening for days now.

Yeah I knew about the uploading thing, but I haven't been able to quote, or even "Copy and Paste " a link which is stupid!! haha, probably just me!

Yeah I knew about the uploading thing, but I haven't been able to quote, or even "Copy and Paste " a link which is stupid!! haha, probably just me!
Derrick, on my PC I can only paste by copying, then clicking the clipboard that says paste as standard text (or something like that)

My ipad works ok???

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like my "hey goofy your ladder is down" reminder will be a boat hook stuck through the steering wheel,

Thanks for the tip.

Ha ha ha!  Jared - That's funny!  In all the hundreds of topics I've read on this forum, I've never heard anyone talk about running with the ladder down!!!  I HATE it when that happens!  Ha ha.  Nothing says newbie quicker than cruising around with your ladder down.  Or your fenders still hanging off the side of the boat pounding your fence.

The steering wheel boat hook idea is a good one too... 

If you have kids, putting up the ladder problem solved. 

Ha ha ha! Jared - That's funny! In all the hundreds of topics I've read on this forum, I've never heard anyone talk about running with the ladder down!!! I HATE it when that happens! Ha ha. Nothing says newbie quicker than cruising around with your ladder down. Or your fenders still hanging off the side of the boat pounding your fence.

The steering wheel boat hook idea is a good one too...

If you have kids, putting up the ladder problem solved.
Hey now, I let my fenders hang, but they are down at toon level. Too lazy to pop them on/off every time we go out. :)

Stop pointing at me!!!!! Lol

Next thing you'll tell me I can't go full speed with my Bimini up, or drive with my dock lights on at night... Or I shouldn't back onto my trailer.

Hard for a fender to do much damage with a 20 horse... Mine hang low too. But 40 mph water can send them over the fence.

:)

Back on to your trailer? That's funny. You are on a roll tonight!

That was a good one!

Derrick,

I was able to upload some pics this morning. If you go to my gallery select 2550RBR there is a pic of my ladder in there.

Thanks

Ahh, I see, they got rid of the little rubber strap and put two knobby pieces on the ends that slide in. Well done. I think that should work. Only thing I would be worried about is if someone didn't seat them in far enough and it came out under force, but it should be up high enough that it won't be a problem. Wonder if it is retrofittable.

Wouldn't be surprised to see those tips break off over time... Glad they tried to address it though.

Stop pointing at me!!!!! Lol

Next thing you'll tell me I can't go full speed with my Bimini up, or drive with my dock lights on at night... Or I shouldn't back onto my trailer.
You don't know me, but I was looking for rope ladder help on this forum for a friend of mine w/a boat & read all of these posts & started cracking up. Just wanted to say thanks for making me laugh, lol. And I thought boat owners were snobby...y'all are honest & awesome! LOL

Back