Launching & Retrieving Solo

Since my boat is on our dock I only use the trailer to put it in at the beginning of summer and take it out at the end.  I have thought about occasionally towing my boat to another lake but because of my lack of experience I am thinking I would get nervous if impatient people were watching and I end up making a stupid mistake like that.  Glad our lake is big enough that I don't get bored boating on it

Update: I just have to say, after doing it JeffS' way, I haven't had anyone guide me in the entire year. Every single time I retrieve is buttery smooth unless there is a strong cross wind. We just came off a 5 day trip and as we were waiting for the wife to come down with the truck, we watched several other boats taking way too long at the ramp. She came down, I drove it on first attempt and we were on our way up the ramp while others who started before us were still messing around in the water. Opening the door and focus on the center works perfectly. 

I just visualize the keel on the toon under the helm. Once you get your visual point on your forward fence you just pull up and on. Worked for me Sunday when we pulled ours. It is fun watching some at the ramp. That would be a reality show I would watch!

Back