LED INTERNAL LIGHTS

Sebagobrew

Reaction score
JUST RIGGING: SSLX24 I failed to order the LED light bimini top for my boat, but I love lights at night on a craft. Any suggestions and resources for getting rope, pods, or other cool lighting that would fit the boat? What do you guys have? Also any one using remote landing spots? Thanks

Your dealer could add the bimini lights to your order, or sell you a frame from another boat he has in stock. This shouldn't be a problem.

Best of luck,

Steve

Welcome! I would read through the forums, there are some amazingly talented people on here that have done some very impressive lighting mods. Take a look in the gallery pics too, I know there are a few guys there! Your gonna love the benny!

I also love a slow cruise at dusk with the lights which is one of the reasons I scooped up a leftover 2011 RLi with the side lights and underwater lights. When looking a GCW was also an option. It did not have the lights so I searched the internet for the possibilty of adding. I can't offer you a comment as to the quality or ease but here is the links:

For kicker speakers

http://empirehydrosports.com/index.html

Whoops can't find the underwater one thought I saved it in favorites. Some of the guys here have it and have talked about it. Use the search here to find

I have a post on installing rope lighting under the bimini top.

Shadow casters are the underwater lights I ordered (have yet to install). Geewest has some really cool videos of his.

I got the chance to see these in action this past weekend on a fishing boat in murky water. They were really bright and looked great at the dock. I would have loved to see them moving down the lake when the water is clear.

http://www.coastalnightlights.com/

WOW, not are you going to do it Spinzone, but after you do it post us a few pix

Shadow casters are the underwater lights I ordered (have yet to install). Geewest has some really cool videos of his.

I got the chance to see these in action this past weekend on a fishing boat in murky water. They were really bright and looked great at the dock. I would have loved to see them moving down the lake when the water is clear.

http://www.coastalnightlights.com/

heres my 2 cents. i have a 20SLI. no LED lighting from the factory. i looked around and found 24" LED light strips at a local auto parts store (advanced auto) they run on 12 volt, have 3M adhesive backing on them, or they can be mounted with small screws. i bought 4 of the light strips for $42. they are pretty bright and draw very little current. they have several different colors. im planning on geting a few more once i pull the boat out of storage and decide where all im going to place them on the boat. i have an empty switch on my helm and plan on wiring them in through the switch and breaker.

just an option, thought i would share. :)

Are you putting those up in the bimini? Or maybe under the front lip of the couch seats maybe? Or both?

If you add lights under the front of the couch seats make sure you put them low enough where the seat won't hit them when it is tilted open. Steve

i actually plan on putting 2 strips of lidgts in the bimini, 1 strip under each front couch probly right below the speakers, 1 on the rear "L" shaped couch and maybe 1 by the rear gate. the lights on the couchs mainly to illuminate the floor area, and the lights in the bimini for area lighting. when i get them done iwill post some pics if any1 is interested.

We ALWAYS like pics!

Luckily I work with a local boat dealer here in Indiana and right now I working on this same project with a much inferior product than a Bennington. The owners of this older 'toon' want mood lighting so we are installing. Easy project, just how one wants this is up to the individual, in this case the hot girlfriend so we are accommodating her wishes. Nothing beats having your dealer do it, this is where you bought the pontoon and you do not have to worry about it. Ask them or if you so choose to do it, well I can help you with your LED's.

Back