Let the Wait Begin

ssc

Reaction score
After much research and demo rides, we finally made a decision. The wife and I ordered a 2550 GSR with ESP and the 300 verado etc. Got it ordered to our specs as opposed to buying something that wasn't quite what we wanted, because we didn't want to wait. We are very happy and looking forward to cruising around in a pontoon. Just a quick thanks to this forum as I have lurked and read a bunch here. Coming from Hi performance west coast deck boats, this is a change.

Cheers, Steve

This is my first weekend with famy and friends in our new 2375ESP 250hp Yamaha. Great speed and comfort.

This boat has exceeded my expectation in all catogoies. Pulled for tubes at one time and they had a blast.

This boat is perfect. I too pick the brain and expeneance of all the folks on the blog. Without this sorts of info. Buying my Bennington

Would not have come out the way it did. I hope I can contribute as much helping other

Bennington future owners.

Congrats to you both. Rest assured, you got the best there is. PICS PICS PICS !!!! :)

said it before and will say it again......can't belive that the new norm for engines is 200+.  Going to make it hard to sell my boat in a few years with only a 115

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. I think we made the right decision. Since I am new to the pontoon arena, I have no thoughts on the norm for engines. I was thinking of running twin 300's, but the wife made short work of that. She wants to cruise, not be bounced around and feel like she is in a wind tunnel. I looked at the yam 350, but don't think the extra 50 hp will offset the weight, plus in our heat, forced induction is better.

Cheers, Steve

said it before and will say it again......can't belive that the new norm for engines is 200+.  Going to make it hard to sell my boat in a few years with only a 115
Might as well sell now while you still can!! Haha jk

Congrats on the new purchase, we just got our 22 SLX with 150hp and love it. You guys will be ecstatic with your boat!

You should run about 43-46 mph with the 2550 and the 300. My cruising speed on mine is around 23-29 between 3000-4000 rpm. Great ride I had mine out on Monday in 4 foot chop and it handled great. Congratulations and hopefully you will get it soon

Thanks for all the thoughts.

Roy, thanks for the info. When we were water testing a 25 foot R with the esp and 300 verado, we were getting 47MPH, but could only get 5700RPM. The verado should turn up to 6400. The general manager said they are doing quite a bit of water testing and trying to get the prop/motor etc dialed in. I hope when my boat comes in they will have it figured out. He claimed they would. As an aside, did you get the sealed strakes?

Cheers, Steve

Pontoon boats will be running four pontoons by then Link, and the 115 will be the perfect size.

Thanks for all the thoughts.

Roy, thanks for the info. When we were water testing a 25 foot R with the esp and 300 verado, we were getting 47MPH, but could only get 5700RPM. The verado should turn up to 6400. The general manager said they are doing quite a bit of water testing and trying to get the prop/motor etc dialed in. I hope when my boat comes in they will have it figured out. He claimed they would. As an aside, did you get the sealed strakes?

Cheers, Steve

I think I got the sealed can't remember . Now i will have to look

I just received my build date. July 7. Hope to have the boat by the middle of July. We are excited, but hate to wait. I feel like a kid counting the days until Christmas. :D

Cheers, Steve

ssc, yeah too bad, none of us have had that feeling while waiting for our Benny :huh:

Sweet boat and welcome to the forum! We love pics so post up when it comes in. And Link, there will be a market for your boat don't worry. We're saving a seat for you as well so don't wait too long.

Link - Anything over 150 is pure luxury.  There is a big gap between the 115 and 150.  We pulled up a slalom skier today (first time for a slalom) like it was nuttin.

Had 8 on board today (6 adults, 2 kids).  Hit 38 quickly with no problem.  My top speed is generally 41 mph just by myself.  The 42 in my signature was just a "momentary" number that I recorded with the Garmin GPS at one time, but I haven't hit it since, so I'll probably be changing it to 41 soon...

Several Merc test reports are showing Enertia 17P props pulling 44 mph with similar boat to mine (tri-hull, weight, 150 hp)...

But again, the torque isn't bad with the Enertia 15P.  Like I said, pulled up a slalom skier today like it was nothing.

I just received my build date. July 7. Hope to have the boat by the middle of July. We are excited, but hate to wait. I feel like a kid counting the days until Christmas. :D

Cheers, Steve
Use the wait to get everything organized and ready to go...didn't your parents always tell you that waiting is half the fun!

Got most everything I need. Been pulling out the items I boxed up when we sold our boat last year. Needed a few items and now they are all here and waiting for their new home. A few items I couldn't find. Must have left them on the boat or put them away and can't remember where. Talk about feeling stupid. However, I am sure as soon as I am not looking for them, they will reappear and then I will have double what I need.

Cheers, Steve

My build date is manana. We are excited. I will call the dealer and make sure all is in order. It would be great if we could get some pictures.

Cheers, Steve

Exciting!  We look forward to pics!

Back