Lift strakes - 25” tubes

Smbassman

Reaction score
I want to add lift strakes to my pontoon that currently has two 25” toons. I asked the local dealer for a price from Bennington and they came back with a price for two lift strakes. I told them I wanted them inside and outside, but they said Bennington only installs on the inside.

I think they are confusing my dual toon with the tritoon packages but they wouldn’t entertain confirming their statement with Bennington.

So I’m on here asking if inside/outside strakes are offered on 25” dual toons before I go find a dealer further away that will order what I want.

Thanks.

My Express has them inside and outside on all three tubes. So, it is possible.

But, you might want to compare trade in cost on a new or newer or older boat with three toons. Putting strakes on two tubes is a bandaid in my opinion. You might be better off trading.

smbassman, there are many knowledgeable people on this forum but to give you the best answer please provide us with details. let us know your year/model/HP and what is your goal for adding the strakes. Sure you will get some answers to help you decide what's best to reach your goal

smbassman, there are many knowledgeable people on this forum but to give you the best answer please provide us with details. let us know your year/model/HP and what is your goal for adding the strakes. Sure you will get some answers to help you decide what's best to reach your goal

See my old thread. I’m just getting around to following through on the request for info from last year.

I had a two toon boat that had lifting strakes on the inside and outside of the toons. with a 115 it would do 35 mph in a straight line. Cornering was terrible and with added passengers it really slowed down. We ended up selling that boat for the one we have now. Obviously throwing some strakes on yours will make a difference but I'm not sure what the cost benefit is. That's up to you!

Back