loading and unloading on bunk trailers

My god I hope so! Haha

My new EZ Loader trailer comes with it already on, so if you want to wait until September, I can tell ya! Haha
Hey Bulldog, Remember these statements:

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:59 PM

Dang, kinda like the two tone, but wife would kill me if I even mentioned a new boat ! Haha. Love ours, but two tone granite with crimson red accent would look pretty phenomenal! Aarrrggghhhh!! Bennington, WHY DO YOU TORTURE ME SO!! HAHA

Derrick

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:40 PM

I just got mine the other day too, unfortunately, it's a bit of a long trip to get there, and since we have only had our new boat for 3 weeks, th e wife tells me that we really don't need to go see new models , that is unless you have a fold down sport tower on a 2275RCW with an inboard motor coming out this year, then we may have to book a flight! Let me know TB! Haha

Derrick Congratulations on the new toon, hope you live to enjoy it :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
My bunk trailer works awesome. It's a Loadrite trailer for my 2575 Benny and it has 4 of those guides that stick above the water so you can see exactly how you need to line up coming on to it and they also guide the toons the rest of the way on......those are a must. I have loaded and unloaded my beast by myself and it is no issue at all.
Same here, this is our first boat and our trailer has a guide rail on the inside of each toon that runs almost a third of the length of the trailer. I simply submerge the trailer until I can almost barely see the front tip of the bunks and by that time the boat is just floating enough that I walk it on or off with ease. Has been the easiest boat to load thus far, have not needed a tie line yet and have been in some pretty serious wind. Although if I ever did it by myself I would definitely use one or possibly even two(front and back) so that the rear end didn't swing around on shore.

Haha Link! The key is I left the decision to her, it only took the words, "how will you feel if someone else got it on our lake before us?" done deal!! My life spared, although after all this stereo talk and buying we'll see!! Haha

I used my bunk trailer for the first time this past weekend and it wasn't fun. My boat wouldn't float off and I have poly bunks. My dual axle trailer had the first set of wheels off the ramp and the second set was six inches from going off. I had to be extremely careful and had to brake hard three times to get the boat to float off. As soon as July hits unless we get a lot of rain, my boat is not coming off. I don't have much experience with boat ramps and after talking to people they say it's a steep ramp and it's just doesn't have enough ramp for large boats. It's a private launch (Green Lake Conference Center which is owned by the American Baptist Church, Green Lake Wisconsin), after talking to people this weekend, I'm told they don't have the money to extend the ramp. They also would need to get the DNR involved.

Anyone have any experience with silicone spray on poly bunks or carpeted bunks? Does it help, would it even last after it goes in the water. I think someone needs to design a reverse winch ;-)

Hmmmm...... Only advice is to check and see if you have any wiggle room to set toon further back on trailer.

You probably won't gain much, but even a foot might make a difference.

I'm guessing there are quality differences on the poly bunks being if they are covers vs solid, and the material itself being used.

I would say, also try wetting the bunks first before trying (if you did not already try do this). I know they are not carpet, but wet poly is still slicker than dry.

Has anyone seen the video for the pontoon quickloader? Looks like just what we need but I cannot see how to order one. Our last river trip was almost impossible to load back on to the trailer.

tiredlady,

I google that pontoon quick loader and it looks awesome. I will start a new thread with link. Maybe we can find some others that have it and can reviewed it. To order you must go to their website http://www.4c-innovations.com/ and send them an email and they provide a order form to send in with payment.

I like it. Hope they have a tritoon version.

Back