Looking back on it all.

Damn! Them ain't cheap either.

Damn! Them ain't cheap either.
Neither is the hospital bill for frostbite on your ears! Oh wait, I live in Canada, nevermind! Hehe

Derrick congrats on your 1k milestone. Do you Canadians wear those hats during the boating season too? LOL

Derrick congrats on your 1k milestone. Do you Canadians wear those hats during the boating season too? LOL
Might have to this year!! As it is I'm thinking my 4 week season might be down to 3 if this snow doesn't start to melt!! -9 C feels like -15 C with the windchill right now. Yay.

91 here in VA/DC today! 25 degrees above the normal high for this time of year. :unsure: Starting to rethink this spring/summer warm up! HA!

Hey, at least you aren't rubbing it in Daril.! I mean sheesh, big letters AND bold print! Haha

At least you're not suffering from early season allergies up there in......OH Canaaaadaaaa! Spring time down here with everything blooming although beautiful is a nightmare for hay fever/allergy sufferers.............I know WAAAAAAAAA right..........

So this is 2000.

I'm worried that when Derrick finally gets that tower boat (he will!), he won't have anything bigger to aspire to and then forgets about those of us still in need of regular entertainment!

In the mean time, keep it comin'...
Well Tom, I got the tower, and I'm still here! Now I have to figure out how to get that I/O!! It's been a blast getting to know all of you a little better, and I can't thank all of you enough for all your help with my stereo questions and the extra effort many of you put in with thoughts and ideas. Much appreciated.

Congrats on the 1000 Derrick! Always fun to read your posts!

Looking forward to reading your next 1000...
Well Kaydano, I hope you enjoyed it. I am writing this as my last post on here. We have decided to sell the boat at the boat show and try something different. As many of you have stated, we have such a short boating season that to spend this much money for something that we use this little seems silly. Maybe if and when we can ever afford to build a garage up at the lake so I can store the boat up there we will revisit the idea, but I think for now we should get into something we can use more on an everyday bases, you know, like DOG SLEDDING!! Hahaha, just kidding, you can't get rid of me that easy!!! Now if you guys don't stop posting irrelevant pictures in my topics, we may have a problem!!! Sorry, couldn't resist.

Wow, this is my 1000th post! Which isn't that big of a deal I suppose, since it's probably a 60/40 split between useful information and crazy/funny comments (you can decide which is which!) . I do know that I have learned a lot about boating, Bennington, and what a 'good' forum experience is. I have belonged to many different forums depending on what new "hobby" I took an interest to, but this is the first one that I keep coming back to. It's one of the first places I go in the morning and probably the last at night, just so I can give a quick check on what new situations have arisen. I like when I can hopefully give an answer to a newbie, and am honored when information is passed on to me. Ultimately from someone I don't know and will probably never meet, but it doesn't matter, we all take the time to pass on the information that we have learned in our own personal lives, to a complete stranger, just because. It's great. I know that if I ever plan on tackling LED lighting, want to finally go ahead with my stereo, or need to see some fender straps or try a new anchor because mines at the bottom of the Lake, someone here will take the time to give me their opinion, their knowledge, or laugh at me for being an idiot (you know who you are!). I hope that some of you have either learned something, solved something, or had a good laugh at something I've said or done. Regardless, you all have for me, and for that I thank all of you. I also would like to thank Bennington for creating and maintaining something that gives all of us a place to go to vent, to seek answers, and share our pleasures of boating.

Oh, and my wife thinks I have a problem because I'm on here so much! Haha
I quoted this one again because every word of it still holds true. I am still grateful that I got the chance to learn a bit about you guys, and to be the recipient of some of your vast knowledge, and super fast searching ability (Semp!!) I'm sad some of the old "crew" are no longer available, or as involved in participating as they used to be, but happy for the new comers and the "old faithfuls" . I'm far from the most, or even the upper half, knowledgeable when it comes to boating questions about props and setups, but I like to think that what I lack in knowledge, I make up for in charisma!! Hey! Just let me believe OK!! I look forward to reading your posts and seeing your pictures, even the dumb ones. Pictures that is, not people!! DOH!

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to call you friend Bulldog :)

Way to hit 2000! I'm trying to think of what I've learned from you in the last 1000 though...Just kidding Derrick, If this forum was a business, you'd be on the board of directors.

Congrats on 2000. I will say I personally never stayed on a forum long enough to post 200 times as nothing kept my interest long enough.

THIS FORUM KEEPS MY INTEREST !!!!! ESPECIALLY your witty comments. .......

Seriously, if I'm having a bad day, you usually say something funny (like above about selling boat) that makes me laugh.

And now for the next 2000! I don't know if I can take anymore. JK You would be and are a good friend Derrick.

Oh man Derrick! You really had me going on that one (about selling your boat).

Actually, now that I think about it, the "selling your boat" part wasn't hard to believe at all. It was the "I'm not buying another one" that really got me. Hahaha.

By the way, it took you 5 months and 7 days to write 1000 posts??? What took so long?

You definitely are entertaining. FoSHO!

Derrick. You were the first response I got when I joined this forum. It is a great ride and I enjoy you all.

David

Back