Marina fuel prices around the country................

BigKahuna

Reaction score
All right just got back from my marina here in Virginia............just had the impeller replaced in the outdrive and we're ready for another summer..........noticed for ethanol free 87 Octane regular unleaded gas is going for $3.59 a gallon..........................What is everybody paying for fuel across the country??????? Yup you too Canada! Convert those liters to gallons for us......

Wow Daril, that's pretty cheap. Our street gas with corn is $3.45 now. Don't know what it is on the lake as I use cans and a super siphon to fill the boat.

Don't know what the marinas are ,but on the street also with corn ,its $3.89

Wow Daril, that's pretty cheap. Our street gas with corn is $3.45 now. Don't know what it is on the lake as I use cans and a super siphon to fill the boat.
Regular unleaded here on the street, Wawa, Valero, etc................. is around $3.19...............

Our marina is $0.50/gal higher than the land premium price (the lake marinas only pump premium) and the land price for premium is $3.80 so marina would be $4.30.

Jack

They don't even have North Dakota listed in the state registry and I have about 10 marinas/ docks with gas pumps within 100 miles of my house. Usually it is about 10-40 cents higher than street price in my area. Right now street price is around the 3.59 range for 89 ethanol and 3.64 for 87 regular.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well everywhere around us is $1.21-$1.23/L right now we have a little gas war going and it's down to $1.049/L . So at the moment our street price is $3.97, around us is $4.65 87 octane up to 10% ethanol. There aren't any marinas around here

$3.24 here, dock is I believe $4.75, and its probaly last years stuff left in there !!!

Nobody gets to complain about the price of fuel unless your marina charges more: 87 octane is $5.00/gal. and 91 octane is $5.25/gal.

Nobody gets to complain about the price of fuel unless your marina charges more: 87 octane is $5.00/gal. and 91 octane is $5.25/gal.
Ours was 5.25/gal last year - haven't checked yet this year...

Our 90/10 street gasoline is about $3.24, and 100% gasoline is $3.44. The three marinas on our lake charge about $1.00 more, or about $4.44.

I have not bought any gas on the lake in 10+ years. I'll carry 4 Jerry cans 150 feet down to my boathouse to save $20.

What gets me is the five guys close to us running late model twin engine Cigarette type boats. A big block Mercruiser will go through 75 gallons per hour at a minimum (at top speed.) They'll use so much gas that there's no way they can physically stand up to hauling their own gas. I don't know how they can afford the payments AND $4.50 per gallon gasoline for those monsters. That's $375 per hour for gasoline alone. And they'll run a number of hours per weekend day during the Summer. Ouch!

We have one marina on our small lake and unfortunately they are rebuilding the gas docks, so no gas pumps yet. They only use 91+ ethanol free gas and it gets constant turnover so I don't mind paying 50-75 cents more than street. I've been lugging four 5g jerry cans so far this season. I'm able to get fuel at the local Countrymark terminal, which is ethanol free 91, and comes out of the ground and is refined right in the Illinois/Indiana/Kentucky area. I like that, even though today's price was $4.28.

We pay $3.96 street price at this time. Marina gas will be about $1.00 more per gallon.

Marina gas here is $1.00 more than whatever it was on the street at the time they buy it. I hope they filled the tank when it was $3.19 a few weeks ago.

That's about the only thing nice about a 115 HP. There's no way to burn gas fast.

Marina gas here is $1.00 more than whatever it was on the street at the time they buy it. I hope they filled the tank when it was $3.19 a few weeks ago.

That's about the only thing nice about a 115 HP. There's no way to burn gas fast.
Try a 20hp, talk about a slow burn .... Lol !!!!

Lol - You probably have to put Stabil in everytime you fill up, even in the spring.

Lol - You probably have to put Stabil in everytime you fill up, even in the spring.
Yeah, I bought the big bottle !! It has 1/2 tank when we bought it in September. It had just under 1/2 when we got it dropped back in beginning of April. She ain't fast, but she ain't thirsty either !! LOL !!

I was able to find a Free App for Iphone & Ipod .

https://itunes.apple...app/id578208247

Looks like the app is free but it appears you have to buy a subscription .

Just checked ,don't bother with it .

Went to the marina ,yesterday ( 5/25/13) $5.90 no corn ,$3.99 on the street with corn .

Back