Memorial Day Weekend

Happy Anniversary Pittsburgh!

Not likely that we'll get out this weekend!  Weather's not real good until maybe Sunday and Monday.  Still trying to get the landscaping under control.

Our kids and spouses and 3 other couples are heading to Lake Cumberland for the Holiday. The weather is supposed to be great and the lake is at full pool.  We "stole" the grandson for the weekend and are keeping him at home while mom and dad get a break.  2 more weekends before we get on the water.

Happy anniversary Pittsburgh!

Happy anniversary Pittsburg!! 

We were out on the lake yesterday for a couple hours. The holiday weekends are left to the crazy folks around here. We'll head back to the water after Monday!!

Marc

Happy Anniversary!  Like several others posted we boat M-F and non-holidays. We stay home holidays and weekends. It has been at least 12 or 13 years since I hit the water on a weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy Anniversary !!!

Thanks to all for the good wishes

Getting Married Memorial Day Weekend was Imperative in the day 

My work wouldn't allow time off for my wedding even though I had accumulated vacation time

I am enjoying this weekend immensely

The weather is perfect , I already have 11 hours on the Yamaha !

Twenty hours is going fast I hope I can get the boat back the same day that I take it in for service

BUT 

I have a ........... 

107536935.jpg

QUESTION ???

The Grey slip right above the aluminum bumper 

It is like a tape of some type

There are air bubbles on that strip of tape for some reason

I notice it when we place the mooring cover on boat in the evening

Unfortunately I didn't have the camera on me to take a close up pic

Will do so first thing tomorrow

Does anyone have the same problem?

Mine is smooth, no bubbles. That is skid-proof tape to prevent you from slipping on the aluminum when it gets wet.

I wonder why mine has the air bubbles in it 

Here in Ohio the weather has been unusually cool 

Should I be concerned 

Will have a different Bennington Dealer look at it when I take the 

Yamaha Motor in for its 20 Hour Check Up 

There is no way I am returning to the dealer I bought boat from 

PS 

Do you notice the pole on the carpet 

That is the flag pole which I purchased from my Dealer when I bought boat 

He said he didnt get a chance to mount the flag pole and that I would figure it out lol

Flag and mount is in rear storage area

Are you talking about the gold stripe??? Those are decals and should not have bubbles. You could try squeegeing then out, or pop ever so slightly with a sharp pin to let the air out.

Busy weekend............Late afternoon cruise on Lake Anna on Friday...........Went back all day Saturday and hung out at the "Islands" playing a little sandbar volleyball and anchored in one of favorite "No Wake zone" coves............Sunday we're going to visit my Mom attend a nephews bowling birthday party and watch, experience, and "feel"...... Rolling Thunder. It's a motorcycle run from the Pentagon to downtown DC that started in the 80's to bring awareness to the POW/MIA issue and to honor all of our nations veterans. When you sit there on the side of the road and watch and listen to the 1000's of motorcycles pass by............ it gives you chills.
Monday...............rest.

Finally got to wear my Benny shirt on the boat.............

http://club.benningtonmarine.com/uploads/gallery/album_576/gallery_1283_576_1660999.png

Usually smaller bubbles will disappear in the sun. You can try to roll them out using a socket or wood dowel. Usually you would use a squeegee but the anti slip will tear those up. A laminate "j" roller would work really good. As Dan said, pop it with a pin as a last resort.

Are you guys talking about the grey strip on the top side of the bumper itself, or the vertical gold decal on the door and fence?

If it's on the bumper, I didn't know that was grip tape. I thought the aluminum was made that way (rough).

Are you guys talking about the grey strip on the top side of the bumper itself, or the vertical gold decal on the door and fence?

If it's on the bumper, I didn't know that was grip tape. I thought the aluminum was made that way (rough).
The grey strip on top of the bumper itself 

It is like bubbled everywhere from heat or sun which we havent had much in Ohio this early in the summer 

Will post some pics later today 

Keep in mind I have 11 hours on boat !

Seems strange to have this problem so early.

I have a few bubbles in the strip as well.  I tried to push them to the edge to no avail.

I don't notice them any more, but will take a look later today to see if the sun is helping to reduce them. 

CCPA, I am worried about the high water as well.  Mayfield, NY is where our cabin is and there was quite a bit of wind damage.  This area is not Tornado alley and I never remember hearing about tornadoes growing up but in the last 15 years and especially the last 5 years there have been a few.  Last night Duanesburgh [small town 20 min west of Albany]made the national news for a tornado touching down.

Hey CCPA why don't you pin on the Benny Owners Locator map so we New Yorkers look well represented
I too saw there was bad weather through there.  As to the map pinning, I still haven't gotten around to doing it, just like I haven't gotten around to posting pics yet either!   :(

Take a stick pin and poke a hole in the bubble. The air will eventually escape in a few days.

Our non stick tape on the starboard aft has some air bubbles as well. Last one didn't.

John 

How old is your boat ?

Mine is like 2 weeks maybe 3 !
I've had it for a little over a month now.  Already have 26 hours on the motor.   :)

I still have a few bubbles that I can't push out, but I don't even notice them.  I'll try the pin trick if they start to bug me.

Back