Memorial Day Weekend

Pittsburgh

Commodore
Reaction score
It is finally here, the official start of Boating Season and summer.

I will be entertaining friends and family while enjoying the Benny 

The BBQ will be blazing and the fire pit will be glowing

This is my favorite time of year

Will be looking forward to hearing about your Memorial Day Weekend and seeing plenty of pics

TourOperators-1.png

Our boating weekend is shot on the river, there is a boating advisory through Sunday due to the rain up north. But I'm still glad to be off work and sit back and relax in the pool.

Boys and I are refinishing the deck at the lake house this weekend, but I'm confident we'll spend a good bit of time out on the Benny, as they've got friend coming down. Took them out tubing for the first time last weekend - plenty of power to fling them around pretty good. Hoping to see how it does pulling me on a ski this weekend.

Bamaman,

I think you may want to plan some boat time with the weather forecast for the weekend around 90F, working that deck will be brutal.....without a "proper" break.

Likely no boating for us since the Benny won't be ready, but the in-laws are coming to town and we have some landscape work to be done.  Luckily, the father-in-law loves to help with stuff like landscaping.  We'll also do some grilling and relaxing as well.

Hope everyone has a safe holiday weekend!

Being retired, we leave the lake, golf course etc. to those that are still working.  All the holidays are just like normal days for us.  We use the boat and do our things, Mon thru Fri.

Yup, +1 on the retired. The weekend warriors will be out.     B)

Kristina's family is coming over Saturday with their jet boat, then we have two couples coming over Sunday with their bow rider. I intend to race both of them!!!

No boating here in western NY this weekend.  At least three of the Finger Lakes are closed to due flooding and high water last week.  Peoples docks are under water, there is debris and boats loose, and too much concern for more damage to peoples property.  It is supposed to be an awesome weekend starting sunny in the 70's and ending Monday sunny in the 80's.  We are in a slip with no trailer so it looks like we may just uncover, restock the boat, and enjoy sitting at the dock this weekend.

Spending the weekend at camp where there will be lots of adventure and much Bennington based lounging. And if the weather ever improves I might even get outside the harbor to play with it.

Not the best beginning but things are forecast to improve.

Being retired, we leave the lake, golf course etc. to those that are still working. All the holidays are just like normal days for us. We use the boat and do our things, Mon thru Fri.
I'm not retired, but agree 200%. Weekdays are the best time to be out. 4th of July is the worst time too be out.I'll add to this early in the day is more gooder too. As the day goes on, the number of drunks on the lake goes up...

On holidays, the best thing to do is find a cove and drop your hook. And be double vigilant as you head home for the day.

Last edited by a moderator:
CCPA, I am worried about the high water as well.  Mayfield, NY is where our cabin is and there was quite a bit of wind damage.  This area is not Tornado alley and I never remember hearing about tornadoes growing up but in the last 15 years and especially the last 5 years there have been a few.  Last night Duanesburgh [small town 20 min west of Albany]made the national news for a tornado touching down.

Hey CCPA why don't you pin on the Benny Owners Locator map so we New Yorkers look well represented

Not trying to be a killjoy because I also like to have a good time .

Lets not forget the meaning of Memorial Day .

Heading a short distance away camping for the weekend with the family. The Benny will be in tow as there will be lots of hours of fishing, cruising, and the possible swim if the water temps come up a bit. BBQ, camp fires, flashlight tag, bad mitten, frisbee, smores, ah bring it on summer!!!!

And as Jack mentioned above, my fallen brother and sisters in arms will be in my thoughts. God Bless the members of our Armed Forces who keep us safe and allow us the opportunity to live in a Nation where we are all free to enjoy such a weekend.

American_flag_fireworks_animated.gif

Today is our 32nd Anniversary , wanted to spend time on the Benny 

Temp is 63 wind at 35 mph too chilly to be on the water

Suppose to warm up starting Saturday 

Here's hoping 

Till then a romantic dinner and movie in the city 

Have A Great Memorial Day Weekend

For all those who have served 

For all those who have preserved our freedom and rights

For all those who have given the ultimate sacrifice 

Thank You From The Bottom Of All Hearts

We are heading to Dale Hollow for the day tomarrow, Much anticipation Wave us down if you see us, cant miss the 100# Sheperd hanging over the rail !

I m Thankful for those who gave some and for those who gave ALL! 

God bless America

Be safe

Happy anniversary Pittsburgh, enjoy your movie and give us a review as I have wanted to go the movies lately and hope to do so next week

Back