Memorial Day .... what it's really about

SEMPERFI8387

Reaction score
Please remember what the day is really about ........... This is the true reason ........

Amen brother!

Very well said .

Proud to be one who served.

Didn't serve but proud to be an American and proud to support those that did

Will be remembering a lot of great Americans this weekend.

Great picture.  My sincere thanks to all the brave men and women that serve or have served.  You keep this country free and great!

I had to come back and take another look at your picture SemperFi; Man the look on that kids face trying to be brave just breaks my heart,  Please God look over him and help him for he also sacrificed 

God Bless all our men and women in uniform, especially those deployed in harms way. May God continue to bless the families of those that made the ultimate sacrifice so those of us alive today can do things like enjoy our time with family and friends on the water.

Go Army!!!!

Marc.

Most everyone that I served with are now retired like me, but like Marc said there are a lot of our soldiers still deployed. Any deployment is hard on the family, but the constant cycling that we're seeing now is really taking a toll.  Being a soldier has never been easy, but those that served before me, especially those long before me, were definitely at a disadvantage compared to todays modern forces. Chances of survival or recovery from a wound or injury are so much greater today than in prior wars. We owe a great deal to the older generations of veterans, and we need to remember them on this holiday for all the sacrifices they made.

Just want to point out all the mental damage there have been to all our troops. oh yea, been in a conflict, no one realizes it's a war against the American way of life. We all want women and children to be safe and loved but turn a blind eye to what is their so called heritage. REALLY! We built this country on acceptance, don't let our troops feel that that tolerance is the same as bowing down.

Back