Michigan Winter Storage

Thanks! (I read more & saw another thread to store inside, no shrink wrap, just playpen cover but also cover with a blue tarp just to prevent dust from covering the pp cover).

For comparison sake: Quote in my neck of the woods is $60/mo inside storage on our own trailer on a cement floor. Stored outside $30/mo + cost of shrink wrap (?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Great suggestions, Kells is it Wilson that is $500 for indoor storage?

No, that was Wonderland West if I recall  I think they were the best priced that I talked to and have a master yamaha mechanic.

Wow, that is a great price. I was quoted $600 through another place online.

That price DOES NOT include any winterization or spring prep.  I think it's just for the facility...  Does that $600 include anything other than the storage?

THat was just for the facility actually....I need to get this figured out :eek:

Looks like some hangar space may be available for off season boat storage. I don't have any terms but if it is an option I'll advise and we can privately discuss from there.

So the dryer sheets keep the mice out?

Cannot guarantee the dryer sheets work but many swear by them.  We store our boat inside in an unheated garage and only use the mooring cover; we use them and have never had any problems and the boat does smell nice when we take it out in the spring :)

+1 on the spring time fresh. I had zero mice and zero spiders. The mouse bait under the boat would get gobbled up so I'm confident they were there.

My in-laws have excess hanger storage available for off season boat storage, PM me for further details

So as some of you know my boat is going back to bennington for repairs. I am actually now working with the dealer who I bought my first Bennington from and is located 2 miles from the inlaws where I store the boat. Turned out he was in need of some indoor storage so he is now storing boats in the hangar in the off season. And as mine is being shipped back on a semi my trailer was available to hold one in there until mine gets back. Hopefully my trailer doesn't get to comfortable with the blackout RCW on it! Looks to have the express package. I guess black boats are popular in the area based on what is in there.

2CBF8A1E-C98E-4572-AC28-F67E93C83A62_zps70hdz4yj.jpg

490A2BA9-C38A-478E-915B-93980BB001A3_zps1gyvdvgs.jpg

B555C12E-3C9E-4722-A40F-B5FD164FE4DB_zpsh2zlgzpn.jpg

Back