New Benny Arrived - 2017 Flooring Installed

In August of 2016, Bennington introduced our new model, color and option choices for the new model year.  

As always, we use complimentary design choices in vinyls, canvas and flooring-it is what makes a Bennington stand out from other brands.  This is painstaking for us and we work hard with our suppliers to get it "just right."   When ordering boats with a base color of Sandstone or Driftwood (grey tones) you receive SLATE flooring in Seagrass, Bamboo, Vinyl Teak or Woven Vinyl.   When you order a boat with a base color of Napa Beige or Tuscan Dune, you receive BEIGE flooring, either Seagrass, Woven Teak or Woven Vinyl.  

Platinum, a 2016 color choice, was available as an obsolete choice until supplies ran out.  Our sincere apology that your expectations were not met.  Although not your first choice, we hope you may find slate is pleasing over time; it is cooler on bare feet and does compliment the vinyls.  

In August of 2016, Bennington introduced our new model, color and option choices for the new model year.  

As always, we use complimentary design choices in vinyls, canvas and flooring-it is what makes a Bennington stand out from other brands.  This is painstaking for us and we work hard with our suppliers to get it "just right."   When ordering boats with a base color of Sandstone or Driftwood (grey tones) you receive SLATE flooring in Seagrass, Bamboo, Vinyl Teak or Woven Vinyl.   When you order a boat with a base color of Napa Beige or Tuscan Dune, you receive BEIGE flooring, either Seagrass, Woven Teak or Woven Vinyl.  

Platinum, a 2016 color choice, was available as an obsolete choice until supplies ran out.  Our sincere apology that your expectations were not met.  Although not your first choice, we hope you may find slate is pleasing over time; it is cooler on bare feet and does compliment the vinyls.  

Thanks for sharing that TB. In the event an order is received and a chosen option such as flooring material/color is no longer available, who decides what will replace said selection? Is that a decision made by Bennington or does the dealer advise advise?

Thank you Team Bennington for chiming in on this topic. Your response to this matter is an important piece to this issue. However it seems that the flooring chosen as an obsolete choice was not communicated to the end user whether through the Dealer or Bennington directly. Hence the frustration amongst all of us! I understand you cannot control every dealer and how they speak for you, but how do you address this situation so it doesn't happen in the future? If I was in this customers shoes you'd definitely be doing a rebuild. No matter the outcome I hope this is a stepping stone for improvement.

I agree with adkboater. As a customer,it is the sellers responsibility to meet the REASONABLE expectations of the customer. If the selections can not be met,then the customer should have the right to re select the option or cancel the whole order. I know that many owners take many hours making their final selections. I'm confident that it will be worked out.

I wonder what ithe stipulations are to be a Bennington dealer? Think it is something I'd enjoy.

I'd like that too.  And owning a marina.

I'd like that too.  And owning a marina.

Can I get in on this dealer too? I already have a record of selling Benningtons (both new and used).

My only stipulation is we open it in a warmer climate.

Can I get in on this dealer too? I already have a record of selling Benningtons (both new and used).

Yes. It's going to be 65 here this weekend.

Make that 3! I'll run the shop!

The day before yesterday, I went to the Bennington Facebook page and sent them a message. this morning, I received a kind message back. They requested that I phone a company rep. I've done so, left a message and am now waiting for a call back. I'll keep you posted on the results of that call.

And owning a marina.

I will guarantee you do not want to own a marina.  After 30 years of 24/7 retail operations, I was ready to kill my employees and customers. 

I will guarantee you do not want to own a marina.  After 30 years of 24/7 retail operations, I was ready to kill my employees and customers.

I've seen how the ones around here are operated. If you are open 8 to 5 Tuesday thru Sunday and have someone knowledgeable available on call. You'll be way ahead of the game. Plus we'd be dealing with intelligent sensible people. I mean hey, they bought a Bennington.

Back on topic... Awesome that you have received feedback! Too bad there was not more proactivity. But, I'm confident there will be a corrective action and they will seek opertunities to improve. That's how you become a better enterprise.

Maybe we should clarify our business model. Our focus will be PADS sales to members on the forum. As we've seen there is a pretty good return customer rate here and we could leverage the relationships built on here over the years and offer suggestions based on their needs.

Maybe we should clarify our business model. Our focus will be PADS sales to members on the forum. As we've seen there is a pretty good return customer rate here and we could leverage the relationships built on here over the years and offer suggestions based on their needs.

I'm officially throwing my hat in also.This sounds like a great retirement plan. I'll be responsible for delivering the boat and giving the sea trial to the customer. And it would not matter where they live. 

Don't want to derail the thread .... but who's got the capital to fund this .....  :D

mines tied up in ..... a new Benni.  ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
The day before yesterday, I went to the Bennington Facebook page and sent them a message. this morning, I received a kind message back. They requested that I phone a company rep. I've done so, left a message and am now waiting for a call back. I'll keep you posted on the results of that call.

Sounds as though you're making some head way. Glad to hear Bennington has interest coming to the plate and dealing with this matter. Told my wife about your quandary and she just smiled said good thing that wasn't you, you'd burn the whole place down and they'd have to build you another one! Hopefully in the end you'll get what you're happy with and not settle for anything less. 

Why does everyone assume because you're a fireman you're an arsonist too! ;)  

Just got off the phone with the Bennington rep. They offered to reimburse the $1086 we paid for our flooring upgrade. My hubby couldn't believe it when I told him!

I'm very happy with this outcome. It's for the best - We will not rebuild as we don't really love any of the flooring options and the one we have is just as good as another. A rebuild would push us back dangerously close to ice-out and we want to be out there ASAP. I can't say enough good things about Bennington service. My dealer...hmmnnn, well - I'll make no further comment.

Glad you have a good outcome.

Awesome news! Bennington saves the day!

Back