New Benny Owner

Congrats Trish and husband......

Where do you guys boat in Tennessee and Texas?!?

Awesome boat, congrats -- and welcome!

Congrats and welcome,

No better layout than that for all around usage.

Thank you Landscaper2009!  Congrats to you too with your new toon!  Looks very nice!  

Thank you Link, cird & J.Taylor for the welcome!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Trish and husband......

Where do you guys boat in Tennessee and Texas?!?
Thanks BigKahuna!  We are now using Chickamauga Lake in Chattanooga area, but I'm sure we will check out more TN lakes soon.  In Texas we own retirement property on Lake Palestine near Tyler, TX.  We will trailer it to keep at our dock there for the winter then pick up in the spring after using it there for a week or so.

Congrats Trish!  Nice boat, you will enjoy for a long time!

Congrats Trish!  Nice boat, you will enjoy for a long time!
Thank you very much, JBL!   We are looking forward to many years of boating & fishing!  I actually caught the first fish on it during our first time out this past weekend!  Caught a nice stripped bass!  Well maybe not that nice ... on the small size, but it's my fish story!

Lakeliving ~  I will definitely post more photos of the interior too!   We had a fast weekend with it, had to locate gas stations that sold no ethanol , so it went by fast and didn't even take enough photos.  We also have to keep it somewhere else (not at home) for now & it's locked up until this weekend.

I wanted to show how the live well & ski pylon location changed with the 2016 model for those interested in the fishing model.  That was a surprise to us, as we were having to work off of a 2015 brochure & stock models on the dealers lot.  But it's all good!

Keeping our fingers crossed for a great upcoming weekend!   :)

+1 on taking the cover off before spraying. A member here recently posted some photos of it ruining his seats. Some say on a calm night he can still be heard weeping from the east coast. 

Great advice!  Much appreciated!  I definitely don't want to ruin the seats!    But that did make me laugh about the fella weeping, I would be too!
Nice toon you got there, and yes, I'm still feeling the pains of that mistake ......  :(

Never happened before, and I sprayed numerous times that way, bit a hard way to learn.....

Nice toon you got there, and yes, I'm still feeling the pains of that mistake ......  :(

Never happened before, and I sprayed numerous times that way, bit a hard way to learn.....
Thank you very much, SEMPERFI8387!   Ohhh so sorry!  Well, I'm sure you're not the first to learn a lesson on boat ownership, as a newbie with a pontoon, I'm sure we will also make a few mistakes!  But that's how we learn!   

Beautiful boat, Trisha! Congrats. Nice pic. Check with the manufacture, but I believe I read somewhere that you aren't supposed to use the motor lock (for a lack of the real name) to transport the boat in the full tilt position. I believe that is only a safety lock used only for servicing the motor. I don't know what, if anything it will hurt, but for what it's worth. Again.... beautiful boat.

SpoiledRotten ... Thanks for the advice/tip ... I will pass on to husband!  

And thank you for your comment, we have only had it out the last two weekends and really enjoying it!  Actually, I love it!  :D

And BTW...we haven't even had a chance to read the owners manual!  Shame on us, but will do before taking out again!  We did have a demo on the water by  two mechanics/techs with the dealer on the day we took possession & don't recall that they went over that with us. 

Below is what Yamaha recommends for trailering.  It puts less stress on the ram and supports.  It takes a second to put on as it just slides on the ram.  I used to have twin Yamaha 150's on my SW boat and used them every time I towed.  They aren't particularly cheap (roughly $50).  The "kickstand" is a service support and not really intended for towing.  My new boat will have the 350 on it and I've already got two of the engine supports waiting for it.  Your motor takes one, the 350 takes two.

http://www.simyamaha.com/Yamaha_Engine_Support_p/mar-mtspt-ym-10.htm

Below is what Yamaha recommends for trailering.  It puts less stress on the ram and supports.  It takes a second to put on as it just slides on the ram.  I used to have twin Yamaha 150's on my SW boat and used them every time I towed.  They aren't particularly cheap (roughly $50).  The "kickstand" is a service support and not really intended for towing.  My new boat will have the 350 on it and I've already got two of the engine supports waiting for it.  Your motor takes one, the 350 takes two.

http://www.simyamaha.com/Yamaha_Engine_Support_p/mar-mtspt-ym-10.htm
Thanks Havasu!  Great help & thanks for sharing that!   We will look into getting those, as we will also be doing trailering to Texas in a couple of months.

As far as towing, I let my motor all the way down where there's no weight on the T/T. I then put a motorcycle tie-down strap around the lower unit, hooked to the trailer. Keep the motor from bouncing much with I hit a bump.

Congrats and enjoy the new boat!

Jack

Welcome to the forum guys!  As you are aware, there are many helpful folks on here.

Great looking boat!  Seems like you have started on the good foot with it.

Back