New Deck Hand

Roland

Reaction score
Gentlemen, just wanted to introduce you to my newest deck hand.... Cooper. 8 lbs and 21 & 3/4 inches long..... My son ( coopers daddy, who is also in a pic below ) also owns a bennington and in fact it was him that talked me into buying my benny.... So no matter whether cooper is at home with mom and dad, or at grandpa's house, he's got a Bennington just waiting for him.

This pic of cooper was taken about 15 minutes after he was born....

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Little Coop and his daddy Paul

Me & Cooper

Congrats!! Might be a while before you can get him to throw the anchor, but hey, all in good time!! Congrats again

Derrick

Wow! Congrats Rowland. I guess for a while you could call him "Mini Cooper". Ha Ha.

Congratulations.........certainly a handsome grandson. You are in for wonderful times. Last summer our granddaughter was one and spent a lot of time in her baby float under our new Bennie.

Royo

Congrats to you Roland, and to your son and his wife. What a blessing they are!

Congrats !!!!

Congrats. The time will fly by and mini Cooper will be enjoying the boating life!!!!

Congratulations to you and to all your growing family in Shreveport!!!!!!

Congratulations, eventually will be a 3-generation Benny family

I must say, love the mini cooper play on names! Haha

Congrats! Wish I could turn the clock back to those days. Guess I'll have to wait for grandkids.

He's awesome! I have a feeling he's going to be a 3rd generation Benny owner when he grows up.

Thanks guys for the kind comments.... and yeah, I got a kick out of the mini cooper comment.... as for being 3 generations of benny owners... sure hope so... my only advice to Cooper will be, don't do like I did and wait til you're in you mid 50's to buy the boat.... do it when you're young so you can enjoy it with your kids.... wish I had done this many years ago instead of just 2 years ago...... for me, the old saying applies... 'better late than never".....

Roland, I am in the same boat :rolleyes: . I am 59 and prior to the fall of 2009 I had probably been on a boat 5 times in my life. After renting a pontoon boat for a day with another couple we loved it and within 2 weeks I bought an older Seaark Suntastic planning on towing it to various lakes. After towing it for a month I thought I need a camper to spend the weekend at the lake so bought a used pop-up over the winter. Before using it in the spring bought a fairly inexpensive cabin in 2010 fell in love with lake life and just bought my Bennington last year and a new cabin this year. Cash poor now but Love the lake life and always wished I had started earlier.

Back