New gopro video of 22sslx

hapehour

Reaction score
youtu.be/zPSa-EsXCBI

or

Not quite sure how to do this...This is for everyone asking questions about the 32'' elliptical toons with the lifting strakes. I have 3 on board with a yamaha f90 4 stroke and 3/4 tank of gas in the upper Niagara River abot 3 miles up stream of Niagara Falls.

That's the most helpful "hull" video I've seen.  Wish there were more like this for all the different hull options.  Nicely done.  And yeah, you could have taken him!  Ha ha.

When you were coming into the dock the thought of a sports car with a stunt driver came to mind, coming in sideways, skidding into the parking spot, but then I saw the post out in the water and figured out what you guys were doing. 

Again, nice job and thanks for taking the time to do this!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice! Have you cracked 30?

Very nice to see a video showing what some of the options actually do.  Thank you for sharing.  Now I need to get a gopro.  Here I thought I was done buying things for the boat.

Let us know how it works abypfcs.  Post when you get it.  Every dollar saved is another dollar for the fuel bill.

Great job with the GoPro. What kind of mount were you using with it?

I have reached 32mph with me and the wife on board. We just came back after being out all day and we picked up 22mph upriver with a head wind and 26.5 down river with 5 full size adults in fairly heavy chop.  My rpms with me and the wife are at 5900 with 5 adults it`s more like 5300.  My go pro pole is made out of a handle from a paint roller and an adjustable plaint pole and the tripod mount. I used a long 1/4'' 20 cap screw through the paint roller handle. When I get it off the boat I will get some pics of it and all my other cheap ghetto mounts..HAPEHOUR

Just a cruel side note. For all you new pontoon owners out there. See my toons, yours are going to look like that next year. Don`t sweat it, polish them like mirrors and they are just going to wind up looking like these in short time. Just get out there and enjoy your boat and don`t worry about the toons, they are mostly all in the water anyways.

abypfcs, If I bought a camera I would have gotten the one you ordered. I got my gopro for fathers day as a gift. If I was forking out the cash myself that looks awesome for 50 bucks..damn

Nice video! The water is such a pretty color.

Great docking sequence

GoPro gives away Everything they make daily .

I entered and have never received unwanted email.

Here is the link to enter .

http://gopro.com/daily-giveaway

Any update on the cheapo camera? Thinking of ordering one if it is ok.

Any update on the cheapo camera? Thinking of ordering one if it is ok.
Just arrived today, but have on shot pictures and video inside the house.  With the low light they turned out grainy and not very good.  Hopefully, will be able to check out and post tomorrow.  Reading the reviews, many were impressed that the different holders supplied that are good with the Go Pro camera are probably worth the price of the camera.

Shot my first video, driving into town this morning.  Currently trying to upload to You Tube, but You Tube says that it does not recognize the file type.  It is an .avi file.  Video is not bad for a $50 camera, but the sound went silent, I think when the LCD screen went into hibernation.  The sound is not very good, as it picks up vehicle noise, but not much of my voice.

Just now I converted the file, using Window Live Movie Maker.  You Tube now is recognizing the file type, but it looks like it will take an extremely long time.

There is a real small hole that is labeled "mic".  Not sure if there is a way to plug in an external mic there.

3% uploaded.  I did shoot at the best resolution, I think.

How long should a 6 minute video take to upload to You Tube?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xn6yys-vhVQ

Not sure how to embed the video.  Video is a little shaky as I was holding the tiny camera in my hands.

Shot at the lowest resolution, so that I could upload to YouTube.

Remote control has to be pointed at the front of the camera and does not control zoom, power, record video or snap shot.

Sound is not very good either.  Hope to create one on the Benny in the near future.

Back