New Keys

Jody

Reaction score
Hey y'all...

Love our Bennington, had it about 7 years, but I have lost the second key and the place we bought the boat is no longer there. Can a key be made at any hardware store, or since I have the number etc. can I get one made that way? Thank you for the help!

Jody

Jody, I think your marina will probably stock them

Well we aren't associated with a marina at the moment, so can they be made by Lowes or Home Depot? Thanks again, and thank you for the reply, Commodore...

Yes, I had an extra made at ACE for the marina .I does depend if they stock the blanks though .

What pre-rig on your boat?

For example....if it's Yamaha any Yamaha dealer can order your replacement key with the key number.

Mercury keys are about $12 a set. You get a nice rubber coated one, and a plain flat one. I tried all over just to get one copied, and even a lock Smith didn't have the blanks for it. Had to go to a Mercury shop and they ordered a set for me based on the number on the key.

Thank each of you for the replies...we just returned from 4 days at the lake, and one daughter had accidentally taken home the extra key...but I think for safety sake, I will have another copy or two made. I'll try all of y'alls "suggestions", Thank you so much again!

Jody

Sorry to hijack, but how many keys should have came with my new Bennington? I think we only got one?

I received two ,this year and last .Dealer put a water tight floating registration holder key fob on each .

Could it be with your paper work ?

My second one was taped inside the motor owners manual.

I received two ,this year and last .Dealer put a water tight floating registration holder key fob on each .

Could it be with your paper work ?
Could be, I'll check next time I'm at the boat...

My second one was taped inside the motor owners manual.
Cool...I'm sure it's there somewhere...I'll look next time I'm back at the boat.

Back